• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
God Ashraful and Tamin were infuriating, they did play some excellent shots but there few a few lucky slogs too. I used most of my fingernails watching them.
Haha, tell me about it. Yeah they rode their luck, but if I was the Bangas I would too. We need to win this series 3-0 no exceptions, but I'll take the Tigers being on top in 25% (which they were today) to 49% of an ODI game, if only so they can take some confidence away from parts of their games and grab more wins against the Aussies, Saffas, and other subcontinent teams :D

and thx Fiery :happy:

Fiery

Banned
Anyone want to discuss the bowlers? I find Vettori's lack of wickets lately a bit worrying. I don't think he took one in SA either.
All the bowlers bowled well today, (apart from Styris's 1 over), after Ashraful flayed them a bit. Mills is now the spearhead while Bond is away and is handling that role with great aplomb. With regards to Vettori...Bring back Flem!

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
:blink:

Moving on.....

Anyone want to discuss the bowlers? I find Vettori's lack of wickets lately a bit worrying. I don't think he took one in SA either.
Not worried about Vettori in that regard really. He's never had a great record in anything to do with South Africa.

I thought he was fine today. Did bowl some bad balls, and that early wide he bowled was definitely a wide, and he should man up about it 8-)

However he made some chances too. Wasn't that awful Martin dropped catch off him?

I thought Vettori's captaincy was v.good today, good placements. TBH, I'm more worried about his batting actually! He doesn't look to have the form there he had a few seasons ago, and would like to have that for the English tests....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not worried about Vettori in that regard really. He's never had a great record in anything to do with South Africa.

I thought he was fine today. Did bowl some bad balls, and that early wide he bowled was definitely a wide, and he should man up about it 8-)

However he made some chances too. Wasn't that awful Martin dropped catch off him?

I thought Vettori's captaincy was v.good today, good placements. TBH, I'm more worried about his batting actually! He doesn't look to have the form there he had a few seasons ago, and would like to have that for the English tests....
His form was fine with the bat in the test series against South Africa. He's never been great with the bat in ODIs, especially when he doesn't have much time left in the innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ahh that's good to hear. I didn't get to follow those tests much.
He was basically the only one to do anything with the bat at all in that series. There were calls for him to go up to about #6 in tests after it ended. So I wouldn't worry about his batting form too much.

Flem274*

123/5
What do you think about Gillisepie? Would Mason have been better?
I'd like to see Mason given a go. He troubled them in the 20/20, they seem to dislike bounce so i expect Oram to have a field day at some point in the series. I don't think poor old Gillespie is as poor as his average suggests, he's been off form and his first season before the wierd arm injury was very promising however I don't think he will ever be much of an ODI bowler as his List A record is quite average however his FC one is excellent and he's had a promising start to his test career.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I still don't understand why Mehrab Hossain is picked up again and again!
Fine put him in the test team (he is a tad bit on the slower side settling in).

And sorry to say, even though as a wicket-keeper he is decent enough for Bangladesh, Mushfiqur Rahim is always at bay when it comes to facing express bowlers :(.

*sigh* And that series against India and that one tiny period when Mortaza would flay most bowlers had me hope that he could be a good bowling allrounder soon, I hope he hasn't lost it.

Shahadat in my opinion is a better camio to many batsmen lower down the order, you may laugh at me, but it really is the truth!

Just frustrated ut of wits I am. And what's wrong with Aftab? Someone really needs to have a chat with him.

Ash is a good player but he is just so unpredictable! That would never help Bangas cause. And Aftab CAN be a decently consistant player but has the knack to throw it all away.

Sorry but I think it's ime that both Ash and Aftab mature up a bit. It's not like they just started playing International cricket yesterday! Sure they are pretty darn young, but not young enough in the international circuit!

*furstrated :down:*

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And sorry to say, even though as a wicket-keeper he is decent enough for Bangladesh, Mushfiqur Rahim is always at bay when it comes to facing express bowlers :(.
I haven't really noticed this. He certainly has the technique of a international top order batsman - many current international batsmen in more fancied teams would watch on in envy of the classic base to his batting. The only thing that would make him poor against the slightly quicker bowlers would have to be his reflexes, but that doesn't really make much sense either given the fact that he's a wicket keeper, and a pretty decent one at that. It could be a mental thing I suppose, in which case it'll probably get better as he matures more and grows in confidence. I'm a big fan.

cbuts

International Debutant
:blink:

Moving on.....

Vettori never gets wickets. Thats why id love to see Patel to play in Tests, but for some reason people in power love Vettori.

cbuts

International Debutant
imo Taylor should be batting 3.
Its where he has had alot of success domestically and also in his brief international career.

He likes the new ball, but if he is coming in at no.5 and up against the new ball, he cant play his natural game - which is too attack.

I also like the look of
1. McCullum/Vincent
2. How
3. Taylor
4. Fulton

Id still like to see McCullum to come in at 7 behind Oram. He is one of the best finishes in the game. I know Vincent is out of form - but wouldnt of Bangladesh been the perfect remedy for that?