• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
100 ODI wickets for Mills :clapping:
Yeah, well done. He's improved heaps over the last few years. Unfortunately that's co-incided with more injury problems, but I rate him pretty highly now - very under-rated cricketer in general IMO. I hope he gets a run in test cricket to really show his improvement as a bowler - I actually think he'd be more suited to it than one day cricket these days, despite what his stats say.

Fiery

Banned
Yeah, well done. He's improved heaps over the last few years. Unfortunately that's co-incided with more injury problems, but I rate him pretty highly now - very under-rated cricketer in general IMO. I hope he gets a run in test cricket to really show his improvement as a bowler - I actually think he'd be more suited to it than one day cricket these days, despite what his stats say.
Good bat too

Craig

World Traveller
We are not getting this series on Fox Sports, which is pretty disappointing IMO as they almosy always show NZ Test and ODI cricket at home.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Agreed 100%. Mills has come along in leaps and bounds in the last few years. His bowling has at times been superb to watch.

NZTailender

Bangladesh showing that they really have a game of two halves. The top order batted positively and took it to the Kiwi bowlers and were looking at about 230-250 minimum. Then some indisciplined shots and they're not even going to make 200. :(

Craig

World Traveller
Is this wicket bowler friendly or New Zealand bowling well or Bangladesh batting poorly or both?

NZTailender

Is this wicket bowler friendly or New Zealand bowling well or Bangladesh batting poorly or both?
I think it's more batsmen friendly as showed by the Bangladeshi's early on. The ball has good bounce, no much turn and it isn't keeping low or deviating much. It's been indiscipline from the Bangladeshi's after Ashraful and Iqbals departure.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to Kyle Mills, a very good ODI bowler nowadays. Deserves a Test spot too.

Perm

Good bat too
Hardly a 'good' batsmen, inferior to the likes of Vettori and Franklin. His FC average is flattered by one, maybe two good seasons. Not sure whether I've discussed this with you before.

Gary Baxter - broken wrist?

Fiery

Banned
Hardly a 'good' batsmen, inferior to the likes of Vettori and Franklin. His FC average is flattered by one, maybe two good seasons. Not sure whether I've discussed this with you before.
We have and we should agree to disagree. Mills is a good bat imo. Better than Vettori in OD cricket for sure

Craig

World Traveller
Congratulations to Kyle Mills, a very good ODI bowler nowadays. Deserves a Test spot too.
As long as Iain O'Brien doesn't play Test cricket again, it will be good. Although if he were to play in the Test series (and I haven't seen the squad if it has been named, help me out here) I can kind of see him running through Bangladesh.

Perm

haha...Razzaq making a claim to bat ahead of Mortaza here. He has 6 1st-class 50s
While Mortaza has only played 13 FC games that aren't Tests, which hasn't allowed him to improve his record in that format of the game. Razzak is considered somewhat of a bowling all-rounder though.

Perm

We have and we should agree to disagree. Mills is a good bat imo. Better than Vettori in OD cricket for sure
Vettori has a better average and strike rate.

That is all I'm going to say on the issue.

Fiery

Banned
While Mortaza has only played 13 FC games that aren't Tests, which hasn't allowed him to improve his record in that format of the game. Razzak is considered somewhat of a bowling all-rounder though.
Fair enough. Mortaza's record in ODIs, particularly strike rate of 95, is better than I thought tbh