• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Aftab out, shame for the New Zealand pacemen Kyle Mills aside should have been right up his alley.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
You'd rate him below Gillespie?
No.... however both are pretty far down the bottom of the ****heap..

people keep saying we dont have better.. but i dont think we really have any worse either...

blood southie early vs banga ??

Dont see how southie and mason combo could be any worse than martin and gillespie.

And yes i realise martin is bowling OK today .. however one average game does not mean he has any class.. hes norm dire

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No.... however both are pretty far down the bottom of the ****heap..

people keep saying we dont have better.. but i dont think we really have any worse either...

blood southie early vs banga ??

Dont see how southie and mason combo could be any worse than martin and gillespie.

And yes i realise martin is bowling OK today .. however one average game does not mean he has any class.. hes norm dire
Oh trust me, we really REALLY have worse. Just take a look at how many wickets O'Brien's taken in domestic cricket as evidence of that. As for Southee, we discussed that pretty extensively over the last few pages. The general consensus was (eventually) a unanimous no.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
i read that discussion.. however unlike gillespie or martin he has future potential

I am just sick of new zealand cricket staying on the same ****ty train when bits are falling off..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
i read that discussion.. however unlike gillespie or martin he has future potential

I am just sick of new zealand cricket staying on the same ****ty train when bits are falling off..
Can't be bothered arguing about Southee any more. As for the state of the side, if you're looking for a magical quick fix, keep dreaming. The side is in transition, several regulars have retired, several regulars are injured. We don't have the depth to fill the void, so we just have to make the best of what we've got.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great innings by Ashraful. Was absolutely top drawer at times. Some of those sixes were sweeeeet.

NZ's bowling outside of Mills and Martin has been pretty poor to say the least. Have actually been surprised by Martin, but unlike Mills who looked a bit dangerous he hasn't been attacking enough to take wickets and simply has restricted Bangladesh.

The more and more I watch Gillespie the more I am convinced he'll be a great test bowler for us but simply should not play one day internationals.

Bangladesh's highest team score against us is roughly 195 and they're on track to beat it. Should be a good match from here on in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And thus we see the main problem of the Bangladesh side. The players may improve their skills, the next generation may be of a higher quality, but they still suffer from dreadful lack of experience and a poor temperament. Ashraful should've gone on to make a big hundred on this track, with that many overs remaining.

They'll be a good side in 10 or so years, but as is, with there oldest player being only 25, they just don't have it in them to keep the foot on the throat in most situations.

Last edited:

NZTailender

Although he made 13 off 33 I've been very impressed by Siddique in this game and the T20. Seems like a cut above some of the other Bangladeshi batsmen we have seen play in the past.

As I type Gillespie blows over Mehrab. Collapse on the cards?

NZTailender

Yeah Gillespie picking up easy wickets now. Not particularly great bowling, more inexperience from Bangladesh; Gillespie just happens to be the bowler bowling at the moment...