• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly happy with Brisbanes drafting, we need a CHB, and it sounds like Henderson has the ability to fill that role in the future. Collier will also help strengthen our backline, whilst Polikinghorne will add another option around the stoppages (hopefully...)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Hey big bloody kudos to James Brayshaw for what he's trying to do for the Roos. The whole damn "this is inevitable, its the way things have to be" line that the AFL trots out is often crap and only works because people accept it.

Here's hoping NORTH MELBOURNE can make a go of it - sorely tempted to take out a membership just to support them a bit. And even if they can't, at least they're dying on their feet rather than trying to life on their knees, or buy their life by selling out their supporters and their soul.

And I hope the Gold Coast Sharks or whatever are a stillborn. Another no-history, no-tradition, money making corporate fascade is obviously what the competition needs... 8-) If Collingwood starts playing home games at Carrara I'll be tempted to give back my membership.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
But more than that - expecting them to relocate and calling it anything other than killing off the existing club in order to start a new franchise is also farcical. It won't be the same club, it would be only be the North Melbourne FC in the hearts of their fans to the same degree that Brisbane is the Fitzroy FC to their old fans.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Essendon overall drafted 6 players onto its main list. 188cm being the shortest guy we drafted. Talk about land of the giants.

Myers is supposedly very similar to Pendlebury so i'd be happy with someone of that ilk.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Haha, the media/afl is a joke. Write or say anything that undermines the NMFC and you'll get published/heard, doesn't matter if it's untrue. eg: Brad Hardie on 6PR last night "they've set a goal of 10k members before Christmas, they only have 8k at the moment troubling signs etc.". Look at the site **** ffs, nearly have 12k, about 2k more than Melbourne (shockin, shockin club) have atm, far worse than Hardie out there tbh. ****ing propagranda formulated/supported by the AFL etc.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Haha, the media/afl is a joke. Write or say anything that undermines the NMFC and you'll get published/heard, doesn't matter if it's untrue. eg: Brad Hardie on 6PR last night "they've set a goal of 10k members before Christmas, they only have 8k at the moment troubling signs etc.". Look at the site **** ffs, nearly have 12k, about 2k more than Melbourne (shockin, shockin club) have atm, far worse than Hardie out there tbh. ****ing propagranda formulated/supported by the AFL etc.
Get f**ed, worst person.

Flags:

Melbourne: 12
Kangaroos: 4

Last GF:

Melbourne: 2000
Kangaroos: 1999

Nathan Carrols:

Melbourne: 1
Kangaroos: 0

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
gfc

Hoggy31

International Captain
I believe those matches were played in the finals series. Also, I believe the latter was a preliminary final, the round where the 4 best sides remain.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Last Flag:

North: '99
Melbourne: '64

I could die a happy man tomorrow knowing I've actually seen my club win a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.