• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

jammay123

State 12th Man
could their be two worse top international pace attacks than the ones picked today. akhtar is the only good pacemen on show and he injures himself doin anything. im probably being unfair on arafat and ishantas their only new but on what ive seen their not international standard at this moment.

funnygirl

State Regular
Whatever the bowling attack was ,that was a spectacular display from Yuvi . No one can take away the credit from him for those exquisite shots .Take a bow Yuvi and Ganguly the ultimate fighter.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Oh, I was under the impression it was 140-145kph. If he is just sharp medium pace, why does he get selected ahead of other medium pacers like Bose or Pankaj Singh?
Had thought that height (6'4") was his unique gig among the other wanna-be's. But apparently Pankaj Singh is taller.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well that didn't last long. Back to feeling despair and frustration...you know, the more familiar feelings.
it's just the first day, let's wait and see what develops, you know how thin the indian bowling is, right?:)

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey guys wanted to ask how tall is yuvi?. by the way amazing innings by him, i can see him being very successful in australia aswell.

jeevan

International 12th Man
it's just the first day, let's wait and see what develops, you know how thin the indian bowling is, right?:)
This is a relaid pitch, but the traditional Bangalore pitch has taken turn and spinners have done very well. India are playing Kumble and Harbhajan (both have multiple 5-fors here). Quite good if it is a good wicket for the slow bowlers.

Expect opening spells of 5 over each from Pathan and Ishant. Then the spinners go for long spells with Ganguly,Pathan,Ishant,Yuvraj getting stock-bowling turns. And Pathan was probably watching the off cutters from Arafat.

Was quite gutsy of Pakistan to go with Kaneria alone. Their backups , Salman and Yasir Hameed are not even Tendulkar grade part timers.

adharcric

International Coach
Oh, I was under the impression it was 140-145kph. If he is just sharp medium pace, why does he get selected ahead of other medium pacers like Bose or Pankaj Singh?
135-140 is what we have seen from him in test cricket but he has regularly hit 140-145 in the past. That is why he's favored.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always said, for ages now, that Yuvraj Singh is one of the best counter-attacking batsman in world cricket.

And he goes and proves it again. What a man :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yuvraj has really looked a class act out there, but I think you have to take his innings into context. Pakistan are basically playing with three bowlers so they're all completely rundown. It's not like the three bowlers are any good either - Sami, Kaneria, Arafat on debut and Salman Butt has to be one of the worst attacks I've ever seen at test level.
Fact is, he's walked in at 4-61, with not only the pressure of his team possibly collapsing on him, but also the pressure of literally playing for his spot (considering the media attention he's received for his test spot).

And he's gone and played a knock like that. He's scored 169 runs in less than 2 sessions. Was a shame he went out so late in the day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fact is, he's walked in at 4-61, with not only the pressure of his team possibly collapsing on him, but also the pressure of literally playing for his spot (considering the media attention he's received for his test spot).

And he's gone and played a knock like that. He's scored 169 runs in less than 2 sessions. Was a shame he went out so late in the day.
There has never been any doubt over Yuvraj's ability to play under pressure though - we've all seen him play some fantastic knocks in ODIs under pressure. The doubts are over his technique against test quality attacks on test quality pitches with test fields.Credit to him, but I don't think it'll say much to his doubters.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ranadeb Bose isn't a very good bowler for the international level. I haven't watched Pankaj Singh ever so can't say about him.