• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

haroon510

International 12th Man
Because Sami is always crap. Kaneria has just been crap lately.

Adding to that, Kaneria has taken 8 wickets @ 52.23 in this series. Poor, yes, but it's great in comparison to Sami's 1 wicket @ 351.

agree but he doesn't seem to bother any indian batsman in this match.. infect hasn't been able to do it in the entire series..in a country like india where mostly the pitches help Spinners.. he should have done better than average of 52.23..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
agree but he doesn't seem to bother any indian batsman in this match.. infect hasn't been able to do it in the entire series..in a country like india where mostly the pitches help Spinners.. he should have done better than average of 52.23..
I'm not disputing that. I'm just explaining why people pick on Sami instead of Kaneria. He may have been poor recently, but Sami has been worse.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Kaneria's avergage is 34. Sami's average is 50. Sami's average is 50% more than Sami's. If Sami is the standard, Kaneria is Donald Bradman.
i agree with u.. i am not taking sami's side here.. but all i am saying is that Kaneria has been crappy lately but people don't talk about it as much as they pick on sami..

haroon510

International 12th Man
That's because Sami has been worse. It's not a hard concept.
ok i agree...

i think they both should be out of the team... pakistan really needs to get ride of these guys..and start fresh after this tour..sami, kaneria, akmal, yasir hameed, faisal iqbal are the one that has to goo.. they have been tried.. didn't work.. time to bring new guys..

haroon510

International 12th Man
i feel sorry for younis.. i think that is the reason he doesn't take captaincy and runs away from captaincy.. look at the team they give him to play with.. Kaneria crappy, Sami Crappier, shoaib akhter can't bowle over 10 overs..

one bowler who has taken three wickets and bowling on his own in the match...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yuvraj has really looked a class act out there, but I think you have to take his innings into context. Pakistan are basically playing with three bowlers so they're all completely rundown. It's not like the three bowlers are any good either - Sami, Kaneria, Arafat on debut and Salman Butt has to be one of the worst attacks I've ever seen at test level.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Yuvraj has really looked a class act out there, but I think you have to take his innings into context. Pakistan are basically playing with three bowlers so they're all completely rundown. It's not like the three bowlers are any good either - Sami, Kaneria, Arafat on debut and Salman Butt has to be one of the worst attacks I've ever seen at test level.
Was going to mention the 3 bowler aspect (not taking anything away from Yuvraj). But if you look at the scorecard, Sami, Arafat and Kaneria have bowled 75% of the overs and it hasn't looked all that well for them. Tired bowlers for India in the 2nd innings.

Also, this is not directed at you Prince, but is it just me who gets the feeling that people will turn every stone to dismiss players making a 100?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowls straight and is good at pitching the ball on a spot from a fairly good height. He can ball long spells for you. The problem is that he lacks the variations you need at the moment. He is more of a Kuruvilla type bowler right now. However, he can improve on the variations and with more effort, can become some one like Venkatesh Prasad. He has the basic frame work and the age to improve. The added advantage is that Prasad is the bowling coach of the Indian team right now and perfect for some one like VRV to better himself.
Cool, what sort of pace range does he operate at?

Evermind

International Debutant
..Except it's up against the pace trinity of Sharma, IK Pathan and SC Ganguly, who will no doubt give them a run for their money. India's hopes pretty much rely entirely on Kumble, Harbhajan having lost all his teeth recently.

I think the bowling attacks are pretty evenly matched, and the batting will separate the two sides. If Pak make a huge first innings score, it'll peter out to a draw, but if India get them out in a hurry, they're in with a chance.

Laurrz

International Debutant
I think the bowling attacks are pretty evenly matched, and the batting will separate the two sides. If Pak make a huge first innings score, it'll peter out to a draw, but if India get them out in a hurry, they're in with a chance.
so can pak win?

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
so can pak win?
Pakistan had a good start but they were unable to capitalise on the job so I'd be surprised if they won..

There not playing like a happy unit and I cant see the bowlers getting any better in the 2nd innings. I've still got the draw favourite followed by India and Pakistan along way behind in who can win this match.

Nishant

International 12th Man
well played india!!! Yuvi and Ganguly did a great job....BUT...with that said, the last wickets could fall really quickly if india gt complacent! If pakistan can restrict india to less thn 470, they wus feel that they've dun a pretty good job TBH...however....india will feel that the series is in the bag if they get near 550.

jeevan

International 12th Man
well played india!!! Yuvi and Ganguly did a great job....BUT...with that said, the last wickets could fall really quickly if india gt complacent! If pakistan can restrict india to less thn 470, they wus feel that they've dun a pretty good job TBH...however....india will feel that the series is in the bag if they get near 550.
Going by past stats, the Indian tail has done a good job with the bat at Bangalore (of necessity). Karthik should be motivated to apply himself since his place in the side is in question. Then we have Pathan who also has to establish himself in every way he can, batting being one. Kumble always values his wicket.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Going by past stats, the Indian tail has done a good job with the bat at Bangalore (of necessity). Karthik should be motivated to apply himself since his place in the side is in question. Then we have Pathan who also has to establish himself in every way he can, batting being one. Kumble always values his wicket.
in which case....if everything works out, india should be able to get a big enough total to at least draw the match if not win it! (although with pathan and ishant as our opening bowlers, that might be difficult!)