• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LMFAO @ Shoaib trying to distract the batsman during his run-up.

The guy is one of the weirdest cricketers ever.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
LMFAO @ Shoaib trying to distract the batsman during his run-up.

The guy is one of the weirdest cricketers ever.
Akhtar has done this before too. Fully expect Ganguly to try some thing similar when Akhtar is batting. :ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
So this is what a position of strength feels like. It had been so long that I had forgotten the feeling! :cool:

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great start for Arafat, hopefully this will lift the confidance of the team that sorely needs a boost.

But given Pakistans form one good session is not yet an indication they are primed to stay on on top, they need to back it up and still be totally dominat at stumps.

haroon510

International 12th Man
what a good feeling!!!!

after along time just like Fusion said
but yuvraj is the danger man with Dada... they both have the ability to change this game around.. hope it doesn't happen but we can't mark their name off yet

haroon510

International 12th Man
that is what happens if u give guys like yuvraj another chance.. won't be supprise if hits a century here...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that is what happens if u give guys like yuvraj another chance.. won't be supprise if hits a century here...
Not sure if that would be a good thing for India ITBT. Obviously it would help Yuvraj's case immensely, but if he did ton up here then he'll probably replace Laxman for the Australian series which would be a big mistake.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not sure if that would be a good thing for India ITBT. Obviously it would help Yuvraj's case immensely, but if he did ton up here then he'll probably replace Laxman for the Australian series which would be a big mistake.

No chance. If Laxman is fit he's playing against Australia. He's been in great form in the first 2 Tests and always does well against the Aussies.

There is no chance Yuvraj will replace him, but I do think there is a chance that Dravid will open with Laxman at 3 and Yuvraj at 6, if he makes a brilliant score this game.

Perm

No chance. If Laxman is fit he's playing against Australia. He's been in great form in the first 2 Tests and always does well against the Aussies.

There is no chance Yuvraj will replace him, but I do think there is a chance that Dravid will open with Laxman at 3 and Yuvraj at 6, if he makes a brilliant score this game.
These Indian selectors, I'm always pretty cautious about them :p

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Generally it's ahealthy sign for a team to have compettition for places.....so Yuvraj scoring runs is not necessarily a bad thing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Generally it's ahealthy sign for a team to have compettition for places.....so Yuvraj scoring runs is not necessarily a bad thing.
Yes. Especially since he's in the middle of a Test match and his side is in trouble.

Perm

Awesome half century from Yuvraj, good knock under pressure and scored at a pace which suggest something of a counter-attack. Shame that he doesn't have Dhoni at #7 to really try and take the game to Pakistan.

Perm

Don't get me wrong, I love having competition for spots, especially when lots of batsmen are performing. I just get the feeling that this knock, coupled with Yuvraj's superb form in ODI cricket and his mass support amongst the public, that he could find himself a permanent member of the Test side and that could mean Dravid opening, or Laxman out of the side, neither of which is smart IMO.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
From cricinfo: George Binoy, our man at the ground, tells us: "Shoaib Akhtar was complaining about back pain and has been taken to hospital for an MRI scan."