• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Vivian Richards - master or myth?

Fiery

Banned
Much better than people not posting, would be a pretty boring forum if only you and me (or should that be 'I') were on here for instance:

AM= Richards is great

Fiery= I agree

AM= The Master Blaster:cool:

Fiery= Yes great batsman

AM= You can say that again

Fiery= Yes a great batsman
:laugh: good point

JBMAC

State Captain
Much better than people not posting, would be a pretty boring forum if only you and me (or should that be 'I') were on here for instance:

AM= Richards is great

Fiery= I agree

AM= The Master Blaster:cool:

Fiery= Yes great batsman

AM= You can say that again

Fiery= Yes a great batsman
At least both you and Fiery have some credibility Archie.You do not make airy fairy unfounded and some times straight ill informed sentences strung together as a"post"I have seen enough of both of your posts to know that the example quoted above would never happen as you both, like myself, have to justify your statements to gain that credibility.
BTW, I am NOT attacking Richard just trying to get him to mend the error of his ways:)

pasag

RTDAS
I've found some of Richard's opinions in this thread laughable and cringeworthy tbh, but the fact remains, you play the post and not the man. If his opinions are 'poppycock', disprove them. If he is talking complete rubbish, show us how and tell us why. Alot of the stuff on the last page is ad hominem at best.

Fiery

Banned
I've found some of Richard's opinions in this thread laughable and cringeworthy tbh, but the fact remains, you play the post and not the man. If his opinions are 'poppycock', disprove them. If he is talking complete rubbish, show us how and tell us why. Alot of the stuff on the last page is ad hominem at best.
I never said Richard's opinions were poppycock...that was in reference to the throwing issue, in my defence. I did say some of his posts were garbage and thought it was clear enough to all but him why I thought that so didn't feel the need to explain in too much detail tbh...though I thought I had to a reasonable degree

pasag

RTDAS
I never said Richard's opinions were poppycock...that was in reference to the throwing issue, in my defence. I did say some of his posts were garbage and thought it was clear enough to all but him why I thought that so didn't feel the need to explain in too much detail tbh...though I thought I had to a reasonable degree
I never said you called it poppycock to be fair but you did "Whole-heartedly agree" with the main post I'm referring to.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think people try to explain, but that just starts a whole other rant that is as bad as the first. Richard doesn't ever let up and he is given more than an indication by more than one person why hardly anyone agrees with his stances.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The only sensible response to most of your posts is "What a load of Codswallop"..in particular your posts on Cricket.You have obviously never played the game seriously and rely on other peoples opinions on who was a "great" of the game.
To ascertain that Viv Richards was not eligible for a top 10 of batsmen of all time is taking somebody else's opinion and ideas and using as your own.You cannot be taken seriously and most probably don't deserve to be.
I have watched Test and played First Class Cricket for nigh on sixty years and feel at least qualified to pass an opinion that is respected, both my peers, and those who followed.
I should like to know what your own Cricket background is to give you some credibility.
This may seem a harsh post to you but too many times posters on this forum and others as well make assertions based on thin air suppositions without having a background to substantiate those assertions.
So, in your case,young man, it's is time to put up or shut up.
:thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TBH mate, There are many posts in this thread that have given the other side. It comes back to the same thing. Why spend a good deal of time researching an arguement only for the same points to be repeated and Richard want to have the last word as the means he has won in his mind.

Once a case has been presented its impossible to present a new one to everyone of Richards posts.

Im actually a little suprised at the restraint some people have shown in this thread.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's not just his opinions - must people have long given up taking notice of those beyond comedy value.
Your knowledge of the subject matter is sufficiently insufficient to make any comment from you taken not remotely seriously. It's unfathomable why you continue to claim such authority on a matter where you have roughly none.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Your knowledge of the subject matter is sufficiently insufficient to make any comment from you taken not remotely seriously. It's unfathomable why you continue to claim such authority on a matter where you have roughly none.
Aw diddums. You'll be saying "same to you with knobs on" next.:laugh: