• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
...and as if by magic, Nafees scores 108 from 141 balls for Barisal against an admittedly lightweight Chittagong attack in the NCL. Technically, he's Bangladesh's best opener, but there's no point in selecting someone who hasn't scored runs for a long time, especially in New Zealand.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So should I email you and ask for your mobile number so I can meet up with you at the Basin, or should I just rock up on the day and actually look for Heath Davis? :p
Hmmmm... Good question... I may not look quite like how you remember me. MSN me or e-mail me and I'll give you my mobile number if you like. Alternatively, look for the other person attending the match ;)

And Perm - its hard to disagree with your point given the current state of Millmow-esque knee jerking.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmmmm... Good question... I may not look quite like how you remember me. MSN me or e-mail me and I'll give you my mobile number if you like. Alternatively, look for the other person attending the match ;)And Perm - its hard to disagree with your point given the current state of Millmow-esque knee jerking.
:laugh:

Please dont compare me, Fiery and others to Milmow. We are far better than him. For a start we haven't gone on about Vincent and Sinclair opening and I'm never going to suggest Bangladesh will be a challenge to us this summer.

I just fail to see why you keep someone who looks in the worst form of their life when you have another guy who looks in good form waiting in the wings. How deserves another chance.

I will slightly revise my position though and wait until the end of the current series and possible the Chappel Hadlee (If How plays) before passing judgement on How vs Papps. How will have an uphill battle as Papps is back in domestic cricket IIRC and will probably make hay while the sun shines.

Its all pretty academic though as when Cumming leaves I'd bet we'll use Papps and How first up.

HeathDavisSpeed

Okay... Millmow-esque may be a bit harsh, but at least with that kind of pulp writing, you'd get a job on the Dimonion Pist.

And okay - playing How over Papps is the right thing to do at the moment, and Papps is most certainly not an ideal ODI player - but what annoys me is that How suddenly finds his way into people's preferred XI despite being woefully ill-equipped to bat at test level. Those tests against Sri Lanka last year still give me nightmares with How and Marshall up-top.

Flem274*

123/5
Okay... Millmow-esque may be a bit harsh, but at least with that kind of pulp writing, you'd get a job on the Dimonion Pist.

And okay - playing How over Papps is the right thing to do at the moment, and Papps is most certainly not an ideal ODI player - but what annoys me is that How suddenly finds his way into people's preferred XI despite being woefully ill-equipped to bat at test level. Those tests against Sri Lanka last year still give me nightmares with How and Marshall up-top.
There are still questions over How yes, he hasn't played a cut shot that I've seen and hasn't faced genuine quicks since Malinga but I think Mrtin Cowe helped him iron out that LBW problem after the SL series so it'll be interesting to see his mode of dismissals.

It'd be great if Papps develoed better bouncer evasion skills and good backfoot batting skills.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
...and as if by magic, Nafees scores 108 from 141 balls for Barisal against an admittedly lightweight Chittagong attack in the NCL. Technically, he's Bangladesh's best opener, but there's no point in selecting someone who hasn't scored runs for a long time, especially in New Zealand.
The test squad hasn't been announced so if he gets some gametime and runs under his belt maybes he's in with a chance.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I would think sky have the rights to it, because, correct me if im wrong, nz home cricket was on fox wasnt it? which is owned by sky. So its just a question of whether they think theres a market for it over here. Theyve shown the sa series which was a bit of a dissapointment (nz are one of my fav sides to watch other than england)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Been seriously considering making several signs one of them "He had it Cumming" with a crude image of ball to chin. "Where for art thou Jeeves?" Has also been in the making.

3000 up and finished with school. Classy start to the day.

HeathDavisSpeed

Might do a tour of the North Island when England are touring. McLean, Seddon and of course the Stately Basin.

Have Heath Placard, Will Travel.

Flem274*

123/5
Been seriously considering making several signs one of them "He had it Cumming" with a crude image of ball to chin. "Where for art thou Jeeves?" Has also been in the making.

3000 up and finished with school. Classy start to the day.
Love the he had it Cumming one.

Alternatively, on his comeback test, "Guess who's Cumming?"

If How hasn't sorted the LBW problem I'm using Howzat. If he scores a hundred I'll make something else up.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cool, cool.

Was hoping for some South Islanders would pop along to the Dunners test for a bit of a meet up, but I think it's just me and Perm representin' the south.

Athlai

Not Terrible
My goal is to have a sheet dedicated to every BlackCap (throughout the Summer of course)
Ideas?

"He had it Cumming." Crude picture of ball to chin.

"How'z that"
or "How does he do it?" Crude picture of a man with a question mark.

"Fleming 274*, lest we forget."
Tombstone?

"Peter 'tiny' Fulton"
Crude picture of Peter.

"That'll do Pig that'll do."
Picture of a pig in a blackcaps uniform.

"Taylor-made" Tshirt with a high score on the back.

"Jacob Oram finger lickin' good."
Crude picture of 4 fingers.

"Shane Bond: Now you see him, now you don't" Crude picture of a man bowling on one side and a picture of a man in a crutch on the other.

"James Franklin, he swings both ways"
Crude picture of a winking face.

"Glasses are cool"
Crude pic of Dan

"If Jeeves was playing he'd have taken a 5fer"