• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

haroon510

International 12th Man
Nah India are pretty strong, Pakistan have a lot of issues though.

This post will look stupid if Pakistan win of course, and they are missing Asif and Gul. But this current XI isn't a 'strong' test team.
also i think if they (pakistan) lose this match they can't win any other match in this series.. simply because despite thier bad bating in the first innings they had to face only 45 runs of lead... then they got the best start after years of failed openers...

haroon510

International 12th Man
i am glad the day is over with no further damages... but what a counter attack by misbah and kamran akmal.. another 40 runs in this partnership can get pakistan closer to the victory...

what sixes by misbah..misbah>>> gun

Ratan

Cricket Spectator
Another interesting day's play in this Test match.

I think Pakistan has the edge now, thanks to this partnership between the impressive Misbah and Akmal. Batting last on this pitch will not be easy, and Pakistan will fancy their chances with Kaneria in the side. And Shoaib Akhtar will always be a threat, whatever the pitch conditions.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Without a doubt, Akmal seems to have shown a lot of dedication with his batting this Test. How has he kept?

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Pakistan to win this match by 75 runs.Kaneria will win it for them.

Have to say that jaffers drop of misbah might prove costly. INdia's batting need to apply themselves more, but i dont see any hope.

Bhajji again undermining kumbles captaincy by saying he could have bowled more in press conference.This was the similar situation with zaheer khan when he undermined dravid after the match and we all knew what happened afterwards.

BCCI should seriously advice players from undermining captain and team members at the press conference

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bhajji again undermining kumbles captaincy by saying he could have bowled more in press conference.This was the similar situation with zaheer khan when he undermined dravid after the match and we all knew what happened afterwards.

BCCI should seriously advice players from undermining captain and team members at the press conference
Don't think he is saying the captain bowling him x amount was wrong as he says - whatever Kumble has done, he has got it right. Every bowler would like to bowl more though and I thought it was a fair response. From whatever I have seen of this game, Kumble has been talking, encouraging him and been good with Harbhajan. The media would obviously like to create a plot of animosity between Harbhajan and Kumble but don't see that there is a problem between the two.

Harbhajan had gone unnoticed in Pakistan's first innings and took some time to make a mark today. Did he feel he was under-bowled? "I can only come to bowl if I am asked to do so [by the captain]," he said. "We always try to bowl well in partnerships, so sometimes you need to work out which combination works well. So I think whatever he [Anil Kumble] has done, he has got it right. But yes, which bowler would not like to bowl a long spell."

[From Cricinfo]

Last edited:

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Let's keep in mind that according to Cricinfo, India have never chased more than 190 at this venue. Only the West Indies and England have chased more than 200 (276 + 207 respectively).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Day 3 report by me

I know 99% of members saw the match but under the tips of a CW writer, I am keeping in the habit of writing articles, feedback will be appriciated.
Good write up Manee. Am seeing improvements in your writing... :) Thought the opening para felt short a bit - looking for a lead of over 50 and then making 48 - maybe you could have phrased it better. I liked the middle paragraphs a lot. Match descriptions without going into too many quotes and phrases... Another good idea (don't know who advised you on writing on matches but it is a good habit..) would be to get what you write proof read by a few good writers. That way, you can know where you might be going wrong and improve with time...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Good write up Manee. Am seeing improvements in your writing... :) Thought the opening para felt short a bit - looking for a lead of over 50 and then making 48 - maybe you could have phrased it better. I liked the middle paragraphs a lot. Match descriptions without going into too many quotes and phrases... Another good idea (don't know who advised you on writing on matches but it is a good habit..) would be to get what you write proof read by a few good writers. That way, you can know where you might be going wrong and improve with time...
Well, that is kind of what I am doing now. Post it here so I can get good feedback and help boost up the front page over at sC.

Thanks for the comments, I will look into them.

:)

Evermind

International Debutant
India vs Pak is usually a carnival of ineptitude, so it's pretty fun. There are usually many gaffes to be enjoyed, but that drop from Jaffer was rather special.

The simple fact is that India don't deserve to win this match, because of their sheer apathy. If they don't care to win, don't really care to push home the advantage when it's there for the taking, they shouldn't win. Pakistan is no better, but at least they're not throwing their wickets away in the same manner.

jeevan

International 12th Man
I agree that chasing > 250 would become very interesting.

That said, no need to psyche ourselves with factoids like "biggest chase by India here was 190" etc. On closer investigation, that was 190/3 against Zimbabwe in 2000/2001. When England chased down 207, they did 208/4 and the Windies went after a more challenging win to get 276/5. OTOH the two most recent unsuccesful chases have been for 420 (Pakistan, folded for 207 and that was the Kumble innings 10-for) and for 436 (Sri Lanka, went to 247, Kumble match 10-for).

So there is little historical baggage associated with chasing a 250-300 run total on this ground.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if it goes beyond say 240, we will lose...anything above 200, we will need to sweat it out big time...