• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Xuhaib

International Coach
I despise this sentiment about how the series is 'finally' alive. It's only two days old! In any case:

It's not good, but its not horrible so thats why I said 75 runs should be the target. That's an average of about 15 for the tail and thats certainly respectable.
Shoaib will blow then away:happy:

Majin

International Debutant
I'd back our tail to score some decent runs, especially without RP Singh's crazy swinging style in there to fudge it up. If Kumble hangs around a bit and VVS kicks on we should end up with a decent total.

Have to say I do love watching Shoaib bowl, putting all his antics to one side he is a fascinating bowler to watch.

funnygirl

State Regular
Laugh but its the truth.....the Indian batting lineup is very overrated.
Oh and I'm an Indian supporter btw.
I concur . Such an overrated ,over hyped batting line up . Look at the opening pair .Jaffer-Karthik ,two walking wickets for any decent bowler .They did well against a second string English attack . Then comes the middle order .Huge huge names ,Dravid ,Tendulkar ,Ganguly .They are living in their past glory .Dravid a wall(was) ,Tendulkar (as expected under pressure),Ganguly (what a replacement for Yuvi) .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He was their best bowler and looked dangerous always .he will be fresh in the morning .VVS and Kumble have to play him off.
Yeah, the chicken looked good today, whatever little I saw of him. Was just kidding around. BTW up for an avatar challenge? If Pakistan win even 1 test in this series, you change my avatar for 2 weeks. Else, I change your avatar for 2 weeks. (Just a friendly bet - no reason why Pakistan cannot win a test).

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
come on india take lead of 70 bowl pak out for 120 and win by 3 wickets.

should be one of the best test ever :)
haha wake up!!! I dont see india getting more then a 40 runs lead, and I know one thing Pakistan batting gonna fire tomorrow....a target of around 300 and we're top of the game

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Another miserable display from the so called "world class" Indian batsmen.

Mumbai 2006, Durban, Cape Town 2006, Bangalore 2005, Karachi 2006 - whenever the pitch is not flat and there is some pressure they invariably fall flat on their faces.

Tendulkar - when has the guy really produced an innings of quality when India needed him
Ganguly - good only against mediocre bowling - any kind of decent pace attack or when the heat's on he flops.ANd yet we see the clamour from the masses for "Our Dada" .....guy's massively overrated as a test batsman.
Jaffer - Send the guy back to Ranji - he aint cut out for this level.
Tendulkar - You have reason to your comment, he always seems to fall when India need him but he scored a couple of important 50s in the England series when he was needed to score runs. An example was the 91 in the second Test victory.

Ganguly - You are right, not great against quality pace bowling, but there is not much of that around these days.

Jaffer - I totally agree, bring in Sehwag, Gambhir or Chopra...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jaffer - I totally agree, bring in Sehwag, Gambhir or Chopra...
As much as I'd like to see Chopra in the side, you've got to be kidding me. No way they should break up this opening partnership. And they certainly shouldn't bring a useless waste of space like Gambhir into the side. That man is a walking wicket on anything but the flattest of all tracks.

funnygirl

State Regular
Yeah, the chicken looked good today, whatever little I saw of him. Was just kidding around. BTW up for an avatar challenge? If Pakistan win even 1 test in this series, you change my avatar for 2 weeks. Else, I change your avatar for 2 weeks. (Just a friendly bet - no reason why Pakistan cannot win a test).
Hmmm...quite an interesting bet . BTW i am an Indian and right now have no avatar:laugh:

jeevan

International 12th Man
There's still 16 overs till the new ball, so while bowlers will be fresh - the ball will be not.
Any of those watching - is it reverse swinging? If not, easier to chip away at what will be a modest but useful lead.

Has Laxman done any good tail shepherding? Somehow have the impression that Tendulkar and Dravid are better at it. Not that Harbhajan & Zaheer on their day with the bat need much hand holding. For Harbhajan especially, Sami and not Afridi needs to be the role model. India going past 300 is a reasonable prospect at this point.

People calling for Jaffer's, Ganguly's ( & Tendulkar's) heads so to speak. After 1 innings, sigh.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
we are batting 4th in this match and unless we get a lead of at least 75-100, pakistan will have a clear edge to go one up...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
This test will be very interesting as Anil pointed out that Indians needs to bat 4th and which makes things easy for Pakistanis