• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

pup11

International Coach
Good stuff from India to have Pakistan on the matt so early in the game but gritty efforts from Misbah and Sami surely saved Pakistan from the blushes, anyways i think the climatic conditions in Delhi should suit the Pakistani fast bowlers so India just can't take this match easy now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
once again, indian bowling has stuttered trying to bowl a side out....since this is likely to be a low-scoring match, a lot of the advantage gained in the first two sessions has been negated and now the more we toil in the field, the more it is going to affect how we come out and bat...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
once again, indian bowling has stuttered trying to bowl a side out....since this is likely to be a low-scoring match, a lot of the advantage gained in the first two sessions has been negated and now the more we toil in the field, the more it is going to affect how we come out and bat...
Not sure I agree with that wholly. Pakistan doesn't have the firepower in their bowling department to bowl India out for a low score. We saw what happened in Australia in 04/05 when Akhtar was taking wickets pretty much on his own, I fear the same will happen here.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I agree with that wholly. Pakistan doesn't have the firepower in their bowling department to bowl India out for a low score. We saw what happened in Australia in 04/05 when Akhtar was taking wickets pretty much on his own, I fear the same will happen here.
the indian attack is not too hot in the firepower dept either, you saw how two determined batsmen(one of them a tailender for ****'s sake) can put the brakes on their effort, since the pitch is only going to get slower and lower, anything above 250 would be a challenging total whether akhtar is effective or not...

shortpitched713

International Captain
The pitch itself is very slow and low. There was a little bit of moisture in the pitch early on but it certainly wasn't jagging around or anything. It was very hazy for the first two sessions which really helped Ganguly in particularly swing the ball both ways a large amount. Surprisingly though, Zaheer didn't get much swing at all.

It's not really a pitch suited to free-flowing batting but if someone digs in, they'll be very hard to remove, as Misbah and Sami showed.
Actually, I really like this pitch. Its not a minefield or anything, and if one is willing to be patient there are plenty of runs to be scored, especially on the first couple days. Will be interesting to see if this pitch deteriorates very much later on, which would suit India with their two spinner attack.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Ramiz Raja was saying earlier how Misbah ul Haq plays too defensive and doesn't know how to build his innings yet which is a reason for his low test average. Fair criticism?
No. Hes playing very well on this pitch. In general one might criticize him a bit for not really taking advantage of the more aggressive Test fielding placement to score relatively chanceless runs. Also does play too many strokes to keep his strike rate decent, but I think he will grow better with what little time he has left.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Was just thinking about this today a bit earlier. Their stats were freakishly similar too when we checked it last on cw.
Atleast AA has won a test match with the ball and he also has a test match 100 while Sami has done neither.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Atleast AA has won a test match with the ball and he also has a test match 100 while Sami has done neither.
Sami!!!!

Also from Wikipedia:

# Sami is one of only two bowlers to have taken a hat-trick in Test cricket and ODIs, the other being fellow Pakistani Wasim Akram.[3][4]
# He holds the record for the most balls bowled in an ODI over. In a game against Bangladesh in 2004 he bowled 17 balls off an over which included seven wides and four no-balls.

You talk of a century. Did you see him bat today? Could AA do this? :rolleyes: Imran Jr. is great. THE END.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sami!!!!

Also from Wikipedia:

# Sami is one of only two bowlers to have taken a hat-trick in Test cricket and ODIs, the other being fellow Pakistani Wasim Akram.[3][4]
# He holds the record for the most balls bowled in an ODI over. In a game against Bangladesh in 2004 he bowled 17 balls off an over which included seven wides and four no-balls.
90+mph bowlers taking wickets against NZL .:-O :dry:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
90+mph bowlers taking wickets against NZL .:-O :dry:
This is irritating now. You question is speed? WTF? Read what a great Imran Jr. devotee has written on wikipedia:

Sami is one of the world's quickest bowlers, capable of delivering the ball in excess of 150 km/h. He has been recorded at speeds of 157 km/h, making him after Brett Lee and Shaun Tait of Australia and team mate Shoaib Akhtar the world's quickest bowler.
I tell you what, how about an avatar challenge? If Sami doesn't take more wickets than AA in this test series, you can change my avatar for 2 weeks. If he takes more wickets than AA, I change your avatar for 2 weeks. Howzatt? Don't say it is unfair as their is a huge chance that Sami might take zero wickets and you might win the bet.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even with the wicket being extreme low and two paced, Pakistan are probably still 100 runs short of a good first innings total. The wicket should get worse as the test progresses but I don’t feel Pakistan have the bowlers who could exploit these conditions. You need to be accurate and straight and none of their seamers are particularly adept at that. Rao Iftikhar would have probably been a decent bowler on this surface and his off-cutter would have come in handy.