• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sami looks more like a batsman than most of the guys I've seen open the innings for Pakistan recently. Sami to open the batting IMO. :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
atleast our batsmen will have a clear mind now..they should be thingking if sami can beat this long they should score atleast 400+ on this track..... any lead above 150 will be crucuial.............

but when will this pair be separated :(
The wicket seems to have lost its early moisture too. Was a poor decision by Pakistan to bat first here. I was in Delhi 2-3 days back and it has been pretty cold and cloudy with not much sun. The wicket had a bit of juice early one and the coldish sun less weather continued post lunch, of which Kumble took full advantage. Pakistan probably were vary of facing spin in the fourth inning, also given Kumble and their history of 10 wickets and Kumble being lethal here.

The pitch seems to be fairly good now. I expect India to make around 400 here if not more.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
The wicket seems to have lost its early moisture too. Was a poor decision by Pakistan to bat first here. I was in Delhi 2-3 days back and it has been pretty cold and cloudy with not much sun. The wicket had a bit of juice early one and the coldish sun less weather continued post lunch, of which Kumble took full advantage. Pakistan probably were vary of facing spin in the fourth inning, also given Kumble and their history of 10 wickets and Kumble being lethal here.

The pitch seems to be fairly good now. I expect India to make around 400 here if not more.
then i think may be after the first half hour tommorrow it should be a nice batting wicket ???

then it will be ok if they dont dismiss pakistan today and wrap the inngs up tommorrow morning..so that our openers dont have to bat in the swining condition :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
then i think may be after the first half hour tommorrow it should be a nice batting wicket ???

then it will be ok if they dont dismiss pakistan today and wrap the inngs up tommorrow morning..so that our openers dont have to bat in the swining condition :)
Ya excellent thinking. :) :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For people fortunate enough to be watching - How's the pitch/conditions?
The pitch itself is very slow and low. There was a little bit of moisture in the pitch early on but it certainly wasn't jagging around or anything. It was very hazy for the first two sessions which really helped Ganguly in particularly swing the ball both ways a large amount. Surprisingly though, Zaheer didn't get much swing at all.

It's not really a pitch suited to free-flowing batting but if someone digs in, they'll be very hard to remove, as Misbah and Sami showed.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good fightback but still its advantage India but I am hopefull Pakistan will will get to 300.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think India won the DAY 1 evan Misbah and Sami were really good....hope they make 300!!! and I'm expecting Pakistan to bowl tremendously well