• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ganguly has been quite impressive today, will be interesting to see if Harbhajan manages to correct his attrocious record against Pakistan.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Munaf gets Malik. Have long believed he is one of India's best bowlers. Really happy with the way he has bowled so far. India on top.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
For someone who is watching the match, how does Munaf look in terms of fitness, and in the field?

Perm

India dominating, awesome to see. Even better with Munaf Patel getting a wicket.

To anybody watching the game, what is he looking like? I remember seeing him in England and he looked awfully unfit, and his pace was well down.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ramiz Raja was saying earlier how Misbah ul Haq plays too defensive and doesn't know how to build his innings yet which is a reason for his low test average. Fair criticism?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
akmal is batting pretty well and misbah is still hanging around, they can still take pakistan out of the woods...

Perm

Ramiz Raja was saying earlier how Misbah ul Haq plays too defensive and doesn't know how to build his innings yet which is a reason for his low test average. Fair criticism?
I've only seen him play Twenty20 games, and he has looked fairly adapt at building an innings in that format. Reasonably slow starter but manages to clear the ropes near the end. Wouldn't have a clue about his ability in the longer format though, but he does average 48 in FC cricket which is an indication he must be doing something right.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I've only seen him play Twenty20 games, and he has looked fairly adapt at building an innings in that format. Reasonably slow starter but manages to clear the ropes near the end. Wouldn't have a clue about his ability in the longer format though, but he does average 48 in FC cricket which is an indication he must be doing something right.
Yeah, good points both. I have liked whatever I have seen of him so far in his career. His S/R of 33 in test cricket does show that he has been playing very slow but then an average of 17 indicates that he is getting out too fast. If he keeps batting 90-100 balls or more making 25-30ish on an average, maybe that criticism would be fair but not right now. Too early to say at least. Also in this inning at least, it has been required that some one hold the inning at one end and he has played as the situation has demanded.

Last edited:

Perm

:laugh: Sohail Tanvir has the 6th best average in the squad.
Interesting point. Just having a browse through the Pakistani's FC stats, how the hell does Shoaib Malik only average 28? Did he play most of his games as a bowler or something? Anybody care to clarify?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Interesting point. Just having a browse through the Pakistani's FC stats, how the hell does Shoaib Malik only average 28? Did he play most of his games as a bowler or something? Anybody care to clarify?
Found that shocking myself.

Perm

Yeah, good points both. I have liked whatever I have seen of him so far in his career. His S/R of 33 in test cricket does show that he has been playing very slow but then an average of 17 indicates that he is getting out too fast. If he keeps batting 90-100 balls or more making 25-30ish on an average, maybe that criticism would be fair but not right now. Too early to say at least. Also in this inning at least, it has been required that some one hold the inning at one end and he has played as the situation has demanded.
Yeah, I think it would be unfair to criticise Misbah in this innings as the situation has dictated how he plays. That could well be to his advantage though, as he seems a reasonably defensive player. I think you'll find his Test S/R is so low because he hasn't made any scores of note, and that's quite common for batsmen who have struggled early in their careers. They may scratch around for 20 or 30 and then get out, but if they had gone on to make a century then their S/R would have been healthy once they felt more comfortable.