• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's spin bowling options for the tour Down Under

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Yeah fair call. When he has needed to swing it in ODIs, he's shown he can obviously still do it, and this time even more accurately as you say.

I think you also make a good point regarding stock bowler role. Sree and Zaheer will be the attacking options, so that'll give Irfan a chance to bowl as you suggested he should/can.

All fair points. Not sure if I'd select him ahead of RP just yet though. Will be interested in seeing how RP goes in India vs. Pak.
Oh I'd still take RP above him right now. Pathan's role as a stock bowler is negated a bit by the presence of Kumble - his best bet now for getting in the team would be if India were playing on very flat pitches (like last time India was in Pakistan) and playing as an all-rounder batting at 7.

Fair enough. One other issue - the reserve opener.

Sehwag, Gambhir or Chopra?
Not convinced by Gambhir at all. Could go either way between Sehwag and Chopra - I expect the conditions to be benign for the Indian tour here in terms of pitches etc, so Sehwag could do well. If Chopra can do well in domestic cricket between now and the beginning of the series, it'll make the decision easier.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh right.

I'd probably take Sehwag as back up opener. If I remember right, Chopra struggled badly last time India toured whereas Sehwag always looks dangerous against us regardless of form.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
i would like to say coerning the spin bowlers, H.Singh is one of the best spin bowlers in the world, and he a player who can do a lot of things with the ball, i have seen him play a few times for surrey and he wsa outstadning, he did not have the best of 20twenty WC, but he is still a world class player and will play well.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
i would like to say coerning the spin bowlers, H.Singh is one of the best spin bowlers in the world, and he a player who can do a lot of things with the ball, i have seen him play a few times for surrey and he wsa outstadning, he did not have the best of 20twenty WC, but he is still a world class player and will play well.
Finally a post thats actually ON TOPIC!!!!