• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee and Clark have been really good this morning, that catch that Sangakarra offered Hussey earlier on didn't carry, and I was seriously disappointed to hear Ponting having a big whinge.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Sangakkara has had a bit of luck, that's for sure, but I don't mind. These two currently at the crease are just fabulous to watch. Hope they have a big partnership. And Sanga. is just so damn hot :D

Gilchrist's wicket-keeping is as expected – fallible. Hussey’s reaction to that catch/non-catch was fabulous, really admired him in that moment. Lee’s spell was absolutely superb. Great morning’s cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sangakkara has had a bit of luck, that's for sure, but I don't mind. These two currently at the crease are just fabulous to watch. Hope they have a big partnership. And Sanga. is just so damn hot :D

Gilchrist's wicket-keeping is as expected – fallible. Hussey’s reaction to that catch/non-catch was fabulous, really admired him in that moment. Lee’s spell was absolutely superb. Great morning’s cricket.
Haha, Mitchell Johnson and Michael Hussey are pretty good looking in the Aussie side IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have loved to have seen Sangakkara v Warne..
Yeh, MacGill vs Sanga is a no contest, isn't it? I get the feeeling Sanga would have given Warnie a touch-up, though. He looks great this morning and the deck would appear to be a road. Even Jayawardene just hit a great shot. :D

Did every see Jayawardene give Sanga the stink-eye after that near miss run-out? Awesome. If looks could kill.....

Mister Wright

Yeh, MacGill vs Sanga is a no contest, isn't it? I get the feeeling Sanga would have given Warnie a touch-up, though. He looks great this morning and the deck would appear to be a road. Even Jayawardene just hit a great shot. :D

Did every see Jayawardene give Sanga the stink-eye after that near miss run-out? Awesome. If looks could kill.....
As much as I love MacGill, and think he's a great bowler, he's not in his best form at the moment.

Sangakkara does look to have the game to have tackled Warne successfully.

He brings up his half ton. Wonder how costly the Gilly drop will be?

Mister Wright

Sangakkara's confidence gets him out. Pretty slack effort from a player of his class, given the chance he was given early. Far too close to cut.

Good bowling from Johnson.

Craig

World Traveller
Sangakkara showing that IQ is not his strong point then. Sri Lanka so needed to go to lunch with only two wickets down.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sangakkara's confidence gets him out. Pretty slack effort from a player of his class, given the chance he was given early. Far too close to cut.

Good bowling from Johnson.
Was it good bowling or a slack shot? Make up your mind! :D

It was only too close because of the ball coming back in, I reckon. Most players would have seen where it pitched and gone for it. It's just that the quality of the ball caused the miss-hit. That and a bit of a rush of blood to the head I think. Been a while since Sanga played a Test, isn't it?

Mister Wright

Sangakkara showing that IQ is not his strong point then. Sri Lanka so needed to go to lunch with only two wickets down.
Don't know if it is IQ. I know exactly how he did it. It happened to me in my last innings. I was hitting everything out the middle and felt like I couldn't do wrong. I wasn't concentrating, and pretty much thought I could do anything. Pretty similar shot, saw one wide and hit it stright to 3rd slip.

Not that I'm comparing myself to Sangakkara as he is a much better batsman than I am, but dismissal very similar.

pasag

RTDAS
Meh, leave for a few minutes and miss Sangas dismissal :(

Get the feeling KP vs MacGill would have been a rout as well.