• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol. I'll bring them up at the right time.

Btw, anyone reckon Ian Bishop is a gun commentator? I was just thinking, for Yuvi's own benefit as well as the team, its important he sees this to the end and at least give the selectors something to think about when selecting the test team.

He's had a terrific series, show some maturity and guide India to the end like you've done on many other occasions. Plus get an n.o and bump up that average to where it belongs, 40+.

Ian Bishop always seems to talk some sense I reckon.

Dissector

International Debutant
I like Ian Bishop a lot too.

It looks like a series win for India. Fantastic performance by the batting in particular which has clicked four times in a row.

When was the last time we beat Pakistan in an ODI series in India?

Dissector

International Debutant
When was the last time we beat Pakistan in an ODI series in India?
Apparently 24 years ago. This is quite a historic win.

Will be even more historic if we can repeat it in the tests. I think the last time we beat Pakistan in India may be the late 70's. (There was a series in the early 80's but I don't remember if we won that)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Expected, Pakistan is no match for us atm tbh, they're just too weak. As I said after the second one dayer, I was expecting 5-0, but am gonna' have to settle for 4-1.

Oh and Sachin is so awesome it's not even funny. This guy is just plain amazing. But seriously he could've had 6-7 centuries, gotta feel for him.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jono, I hope you are practising your jinxing skills on Yousuf for the test matches. :ph34r:
Do you want a one sided series?. Yousuf, Yousuf and Akhtar are the only guys who look like they could challenge India, expecting a 2-0 tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Problems for Pakistan

1) Our opening combination continues to be problematic
2) Our Keeper is going through a serious dip in form with both bat and more frustratingly with the Gloves
3) We are missing our aggressive lower order batting..cue* Razzaq in the last 10 overs regulalry
4) Our front line seamers are never fit at once
5) We do not have a quality ODI spinner along the lines of Saqlain Mushtaq in the ranks
6) Our middle order is lacking a personality like Inzi who used to win us matches in tight situations...
7) Lets not talk about our fielding and `extras` woes

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India squad for first two Tests
  • 1 Dinesh Karthik,
  • 2 Wasim Jaffer,
  • 3 Rahul Dravid,
  • 4 Sachin Tendulkar,
  • 5 Sourav Ganguly,
  • 6 VVS Laxman,
  • 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk),
  • 8 Anil Kumble (capt),
  • 9 Harbhajan Singh,
  • 10 Zaheer Khan,
  • 11 Sreesanth,
  • 12 Yuvraj Singh,
  • 13 RP Singh,
  • 14 Murali Kartik.
Not a fan of having Yuvraj Singh or Murali Kartik in the squad. I believe that the chances of Yuvraj getting a game are slim and that he will gain more from playing in the one, two or three Ranji games that he will be missing in the Test series. It does not take a scientist to realise that Yuvraj will not come into the team yet - ie. not in the Pakistan series.

The spot of Yuvraj should have been filled by Badrinath who could have gained more vital experience in the dressing room and watching international cricket from the hallowed Indian balcony with the few batsman in India, who are better than he is.

I feel that Murali Kartik is not up to the standard of an Indian test spinner and that Harbhajan and Kumble are far superior in Test matches. Kumble is a living legend and Harbhajan absolutely cleaned up in England, showing his wicket taking strength in the longer game as opposed to 50 or 20 over cricket. I would have had Ramesh Powar in the squad. I rate him as a better bowler in the longer form of the game (this is in theory and from domestic performances - I have only seen him bowl in one Test) and he is certainly the better batsman with an FC average of approximately 30 with the bat.

Quite unnoticed has been Kumble's drop in form with the ball as of late, I hope he regains his form for the next two Test series or he could find himself a captain facing the chop with impending retirement, a most troubling position. Reading up on Kumble (in the book, Indian Cricket Masters - or something like that), I realise that he has had many drops of form with the ball and has bounced back each time, I hope this is no different.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Don't worry, those not in the playing XI will be sent home to take part in FC matches, according to a new board directive.

deira

Banned
Pakistan have been terrible form since the world cup and even before i guess. Pakistan has no big players left in the team other then Mo Yo. Other then him all are inconsistent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Quite a professional display there by India, I reckon.

Amazing stuff from Sachin. I am seriously running out of adjectives for him. The best I can say is that he has just been Sachin. :)

Nice to see Yuvi and Dhoni continue their partnership form against Pak. Hope they can start doing it against the other teams too...

Our bowling is still a worry. Hoping for Sree to have a good game on sunday. And it will be interesting to see how Rohit Sharma shapes up as well...

adharcric

International Coach
Quite a professional display there by India, I reckon.

Amazing stuff from Sachin. I am seriously running out of adjectives for him. The best I can say is that he has just been Sachin. :)

Nice to see Yuvi and Dhoni continue their partnership form against Pak. Hope they can start doing it against the other teams too...

Our bowling is still a worry. Hoping for Sree to have a good game on sunday. And it will be interesting to see how Rohit Sharma shapes up as well...
Add Praveen Kumar to the list. Ganguly, Tendulkar and Zaheer should definitely be rested at Jaipur.

pasag

RTDAS
Add Praveen Kumar to the list. Ganguly, Tendulkar and Zaheer should definitely be rested at Jaipur.
Don't want to give Pakistan any momentum going into the Test series though. Should play the best team imho. Would agree otherwise though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To me, a match where a team rests a whole heap of players is even less deserving of ODI status than a match involving Bangladesh.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea from the team's point of view or anything; I just hate it as a fan. Why bother scheduling the game if teams are going to willingly select what is less than their best available? Probably a discussion for another thread though, really.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To me, a match where a team rests a whole heap of players is even less deserving of ODI status than a match involving Bangladesh.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea from the team's point of view or anything; I just hate it as a fan. Why bother scheduling the game if teams are going to willingly select what is less than their best available? Probably a discussion for another thread though, really.
well, yeah... agree with that, but then the reserve players have to be tested at some point... And there is generally no better game to do it in than a dead rubber...

pasag

RTDAS

Yeah I agree in theory but it is a necessary evil in today's packed schedule. India have been going non stop now since Bangladesh from memory and now have tough series against Pakistan and Australia to contend with so player management is of utmost importance. If it's not done you'll start seeing injuries galore and no one wants that.