• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbs

International Captain
Fitz Watkins - 24 yo, BT Rating=219,763
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exquisite Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: phenomenal
Fielding: strong

Seems like a good place to stop his training.

Adam, have you found that Watkins takes wickets consistently? Vermaak and Graham are now both exceptional bowlers, admittedly, they only have quality consistency, but they are both defensive. when i need key wickets, the wickets that other sides seem to be able to come up with against my side, these guys are incapable of taking these wickets. Although they provide good economical spells, these are spells which sometimes just delay the inevitable... What do you generally set him to?

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I think it's ace that we can channel Scaly so precisely until his return. Although the BT Cup is going to seem so much less contentious without him. Unless someone's willing to adopt the persona for the duration...?
I was wondering where he'd gone...has he packed his bags and gone travelling for a while, then? Or just giving BT a break?

I never know what's going on in the seedy world of CW!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At lunch:

End of Over 35 (5 runs, 4b, 1lb). Coco's Nuts: 128-2, runrate=3.66
Stanton 8-1-29-1
Nkosinathi* 18 (13 balls)
Greene 12 (18 balls)

Last Wicket: Farrell c. Nkosi b. Stanton 49 (FOW: 93/2)

Openers both made starts and failed to go on with it...disappointing boys, have a good hard look at yourselves!

Now they're gone the pace has picked up a bit though...not too many cucumber sandwiches at lunch gents!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
(@ nibbs) He took plenty of wickets last season but has only taken six in seven matches this season (in OD - he's been far more effective in FC). He's been at substandard PFL for much of that time though, hard to say how much that has contributed. I generally set him to defensive or normal, I figure there's not much point trying to make him bowl aggressively. It largely depends where you bowl them, if you open the bowling with them or bowl them at the death they're far more likely to take wickets than if you use them exclusively in the middle overs. I've recently been using Watkins in the middle overs a bit more as Ellis is of a similar skill level but is attacking, so is probably the better opening option.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 44 (10 runs). caves_beachcc: 327-0, runrate=7.43
Reeves 7-0-58-0
Skipper* 172 (136 balls)
Schofield 154 (128 balls)

Johnners

Code:
End of Over 46 (7 runs). Opening Balance: 155-2, runrate=3.37
Longmead	5-0-26-0
Stroud*	70 (150 balls)
Appleyard	58 (83 balls)
Last Wicket: Ludlow c. Murray b. Mavuso 16 (FOW: 42/2)
It was a bit of a shaky start losing Harris & Ludlow early, but Stroud & Appleyard have consolidated well and we probably have a slight advantage now.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 49 (1 runs). Tawonga Tigers: 184-4, runrate=3.76
Keane 7-0-20-2
Mcmahon* 1 (4 balls)
Fordham 31 (39 balls)
Last Wicket: Siyabonga c. Carden b. Keane 80 (FOW: 183/4)

FFS, dire.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my boys going ok
End of Over 54 (11 runs). caves_beachcc: 407-0, runrate=7.54
Eyles 6-0-55-0
Skipper* 227 (174 balls)
Schofield 179 (150 balls)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I was wondering where he'd gone...has he packed his bags and gone travelling for a while, then? Or just giving BT a break?

I never know what's going on in the seedy world of CW!
He left CW, not sure if it's permanent but eh.

He was recently on Countdown and absolutely smashed it, made over 100 in every episode he was in IIRC. Second best ever, I think.

Son Of Coco

At tea:

End of Over 70 (5 runs). Coco's Nuts: 330-2, runrate=4.71
Nkosi 17-1-75-0
Nkosinathi* 120 (116 balls)
Greene 90 (130 balls)

Last Wicket: Farrell c. Nkosi b. Stanton 49 (FOW: 93/2)

The runrate's lifted a bit, and no more wickets in that session. I'm hoping these boys can hang around until the end of the day to keep it ticking over.

Johnners

:( Lost Appleyard & Stroud in the last over before tea, and the first over after, respectively. Appleyard was just 6 shy of a well deserved century as well.

Code:
End of Over 75 (2 runs). Opening Balance: 249-4, runrate=3.32
Singh lali	18-1-61-1
Meyer*	2 (18 balls)
Moloto	7 (16 balls)
Last Wicket: Stroud lbw b. Singh lali 113 (FOW: 241/4)

oz_fan

International Regular
Not doing too well.

Batting first we were off to a flier. After 13 overs the team was 79/0. Then a massive collapse saw us all out for 148.

Now bowling we've done quite well.

End of Over 36 (5 runs). Ratch's XI: 153-5, runrate=4.25
Lead by 5 runs. (oz fans XI 148-10)
Olowe 2-0-8-0
Nicol* 11 (22 balls)
Hislop 11 (19 balls)

Hopefully we can knock them over for 200-220 and then post a defendable target.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Massive few days meaning I forgot to send team orders for the first time. Not good. (N)

Johnners

Code:
End of Over 96 (2 runs). Opening Balance: 319-6, runrate=3.32
Shotton-oza	21-3-50-2
Meyer*	27 (85 balls)
Walton	0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Orourke c. Tailor b. Shotton-oza 29 (FOW: 319/6)
Hoping Walton & Co. can stick around long enough to help Meyer get us over the 350 mark.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Won my game by an innings and 117 runs. Somehow managed to get semi-decent ratings when I was trying to play my worst team possible, so I'm very happy with that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 100 (4 runs). Tawonga Tigers: 430-4, runrate=4.30
Hunukumbura 22-0-104-0
Fordham* 139 (194 balls)
Mcmahon 109 (159 balls)
Last Wicket: Siyabonga c. Carden b. Keane 80 (FOW: 183/4)

Fordham and Mcmahon succeeding where Siybonga and Dhindsa didn't.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 25 (4 runs). Kings of CJ : 81-1, runrate=3.24  
Evans 2-0-9-0 
Ajith* 36 (77 balls) 
Edirappuli 12 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Madurasinghe c. Clayton b. Priyantha 22 (FOW: 53/1)
Strugging a tad here to knock them over. I rested my best three bowlers so I thought it might be a bit more difficult but not this hard. Sishayi (quality/comp) on now, but his struggling to take wickets this season.

andyc

End of Over 9 (1 runs). Para Hills XI: 28-3, runrate=3.11
Trail by 346 runs. (Magical Ponies 374-4 dec)
Fernando 5-2-6-1
Ellis* 6 (13 balls)
Jafri 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Bates lbw b. Wilkerson 9 (FOW: 27/3)

Yay

PY

International Coach
Getting mauled in my game. Kind of hoping that he bats for a huge victory and takes it into 3 days because I'm at home.

End of Over 42 (1 runs, 1lb). Boggles: 78-7, runrate=1.86
Reet 3-1-2-0
Botha* 18 (80 balls)
Chanderpaul 1 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Watkiss b. Padayachie 5 (FOW: 73/7)

Johnners

Code:
End of Over 110 (11 runs). Opening Balance: 383-7, runrate=3.48
Longmead	12-1-79-0
Groves*	2 (18 balls)
Meyer	74 (120 balls)
Last Wicket: Walton lbw b. Shotton-oza 13 (FOW: 361/7)
Very happy with the situation atm. Meyer playing his best FC innings to date, doing a Hussey with the tail basically. Not sure if i should declare overnight, or bat until AO tomorrow, which could be in the first over really given that Groves is only woeful, and Savage & Verhoeven to come are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.