• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I looked at the BT weather forecast last night...sun, sun and more sun for Lancashire -- not a cloud in sight!

My FC game this week is against the same bunch as last week, so should be an easy win. Thanks to the likely weather, I don't think it'll be over in two days* again, so I'm preparing a dusty track (if I can get there in time!) to benefit John and Batt (both sublime PFL) and show up my opponent's distinct lack of quality spinner.

* I'd much rather have the day's rest than the extra £100k.

Decent training -- Fish has hit Wonderful WK and Competent fielding. He's still only 19...is it worth training up to Exceptional WK while I have the chance? He's also risen up the BTR scale to 51k, which puts him ahead of Reed and not far behind Gibb, with John at 75k and Sandwith leading the team at 100k.

Unfortunately, Fish's low stamina and multiple nets mean that I can't really play him in FC games...yet.

Gibb, a bowler, hit Competent concentration with his first week of fielding training, to go with his Worthless batting. Oh well.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Josh Tailor - 19 yo, BT Rating=9,441
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Nishantha Warnakulasuriya - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,575
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, abysmal bowling form, fatigued
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Bobisback

International Regular
Prsanna Jeithoon - 20 yo, BT Rating=50,694
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: sensational Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

First 50k player :ph34r:
Nick Wikus - 21 yo, BT Rating=49,059

Wikus to get there next week, interestingly 2 primary levels behind Jeithoon. Only 1 Second level ahead too.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nick Wikus - 21 yo, BT Rating=49,059

Wikus to get there next week, interestingly 2 primary levels behind Jeithoon. Only 1 Second level ahead too.
His BTR hasn't improved at all the last two seasons even though his been on 4 nets. His up and down form rating has a lot to do with it though. As well as hardly playing any games. But I don't really think primaries add a great deal extra on BTR then secondaries do. Not too worried as BTR doesn't mean a great deal, just another milestone for your trainees.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
One pop:

11. Danny Turner - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,155
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

Agent TBY

International Captain
Bhupendra Mohammed - 21 yo, BT Rating=55,648
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A steady player with strong leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre
It finally came.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Zesh Snodin - 24 yo, BT Rating=15,558
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Just one, but a decent one:

Carl Oleary - 20 yo, BT Rating=28,472
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful

Wondering how much longer to keep training Oleary and Janes (who has basically the same skills, but as a batsman). Both of them have rubbish fielding, but they've got decent enough secondaries already, so after an off-season fat camp I was just going to leave 'em on a primary net each for a couple of seasons more to get them up to exceptional or so. They ought to do fine in England IV at remarkable to wonderful if I go up this season, right? (best not to think about what'll happen to the rest of my players :))

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Raymond Fordham - 19 yo, BT Rating=13,180
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Pleased to see fordham poping again.

Mukesh Patton - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,417
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Patton becomes my second player to go over the 10,000 BTR mark

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Wondering how much longer to keep training Oleary and Janes (who has basically the same skills, but as a batsman). Both of them have rubbish fielding, but they've got decent enough secondaries already, so after an off-season fat camp I was just going to leave 'em on a primary net each for a couple of seasons more to get them up to exceptional or so. They ought to do fine in England IV at remarkable to wonderful if I go up this season, right? (best not to think about what'll happen to the rest of my players :))
Never mind IV, Wonderful players should manage alright in Div III. Mind you, they might not be matchwinners in their own right.

I'd definitely keep them both simmering away on single primary nets -- they'll probably hit Exceptional just after they turn 22, so that's absolutely fine. You could feasibly go all the way up to Sensational, but I'd not recommend it -- by then, you'll probably need your nets elsewhere.

Personally, I like secondaries to be in step with primaries. Still, the secondary might catch up a level with a single primary net as the player gets older.

Look at it this way -- once a player hits Wonderful, he'll probably be good enough to stay in your team until he gets too old and dies ;)

He won't necessarily be the big star in five seasons' time, but he'd still be in the 1st XI. As Scaly would gleefully tell you, my second best batsman is only Wonderful...and I'm managing to stay afloat in the hardest Div II league there is!

nibbs

International Captain
Jason Duggan - 23 yo, BT Rating=95,435
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, worthless batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and superb experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: masterful Concentration: masterful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: superb
Fielding: strong

Dom Graham - 20 yo, BT Rating=48,753
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: mediocre

James Vermaak - 21 yo, BT Rating=60,966
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality

hmm, Duggan reaches the point where I had figured I'd stop training his batting. Been training him for so long it just doesn't seem right to stop. Now just need to get his stamina up to superb I guess. And I wish that he'd get out of worthless batting form already FFS.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I'd definitely keep them both simmering away on single primary nets -- they'll probably hit Exceptional just after they turn 22, so that's absolutely fine. You could feasibly go all the way up to Sensational, but I'd not recommend it -- by then, you'll probably need your nets elsewhere.
Cool, that was pretty much my instinct. Cheers. :)

As Scaly would gleefully tell you, my second best batsman is only Wonderful...and I'm managing to stay afloat in the hardest Div II league there is!
I think it's ace that we can channel Scaly so precisely until his return. Although the BT Cup is going to seem so much less contentious without him. Unless someone's willing to adopt the persona for the duration...?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Fitz Watkins - 24 yo, BT Rating=219,763
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exquisite Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: phenomenal

Seems like a good place to stop his training.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just kicked off...I think I've won the toss for about the 10th time in a row!

Batting first, and have survived the first over which is a turn around from last time. Considering I ended up scoring 700 - 4 declared I'm quietly confident. Most of his decent players are buggered and we're only 1 over in on the first day.

Edit: We've defied the Sri Lankan's logic and are batting first on our home ground on a greentop. It's cloudy and windy apparently. The going is slow - 8/0 after 5 overs. I'm expecting their bowlers to tire though, and predict a deluge of runs if we get through the first session ok.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
End of Over 15 (13 runs). Tawonga Tigers: 73-1, runrate=4.87
Sturgess 8-0-44-1
Rhodes* 30 (49 balls)
Siyabonga 32 (28 balls)
Last Wicket: Ghandi c. Mason b. Sturgess 7 (FOW: 18/1)

Started pretty well. We played them last week and beat them. Fielding a slightly stronger XI so we should do it easier this week.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 15 (17 runs). Central Districts: 98-0, runrate=6.53
Nico 8-0-55-0
De beer* 59 (58 balls)
Keane 36 (35 balls)

Looking to push it to three days, so hope Keane gets out soon.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 26 (2 runs). Coco's Nuts: 81-0, runrate=3.12
Kealey 4-1-16-0
Farrell* 38 (60 balls)
Ashton 34 (98 balls)

Slow going for the first 26 overs...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
fair start in my fc game with a half hearted side

End of Over 29 (6 runs). caves_beachcc: 211-0, runrate=7.28
Nile 8-0-58-0