• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good win for India. I missed most of the match except the last 25 overs of the second innings. Great stuff from Salman Butt, easily the best ODI inning from a Pakistani this year IMO. Did the bowlers bowl badly or did Yuvraj just take apart decent bowling?

BTW, was Tanvir as good as his figures suggest and Gul as bad as his figures suggest? If so, how the hell did Gul get his full overs?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW, was Tanvir as good as his figures suggest and Gul as bad as his figures suggest? If so, how the hell did Gul get his full overs?
Gul was tight at the death according to my father.

I've updated my blog with thoughts from the Third ODI if anyone wants to check that out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tanvir was every bit as his figures suggested. Got crucial wickets too.

Yuvraj and Dhoni took apart the spinners after seeing off Tanvir, and when set they were dominant.

Gul was bad, but should have been saved for the death. Spinners were brought on too late. Basically bad bowling changes and organisation by Malik.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man of the Match is Yuvraj SIngh: " I would like to do well in Test cricket." On Yousuf's run out, he says : " I had told him don't run to my left hand but I guess he didn't listen to me!"
:lol:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
haha ,what do u think why are we there in india? would like to say one line which is Pakistani team ne bhi churiyan nahi pehni hui translated- Pakistani team isnt wearing churiyan - no idea how to translate churriyan :unsure: may be some bangles wht girlz wear!!! welll i think pakistan team just slapped u with their amazing victory and I would say I dont think u can win matches with that crappy bowling :laugh: who coudn't evan defend 320 huh
Oye Chak De Phattay! :happy:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Get Akmal out. But you all know that.

If Pakistan lose both ODI and Test series then I think that should be it for Malik as captain as well. He really does not know how to use our bowlers effectively.

Malik is not learning from the mistakes that he has made in the past as captain.Every team that doesn't have a good spin attack uses its fast bowlers in the last few overs but by the time those crucial overs come,our pacers have already bowled their quota of 10 overs each & all the load is on guys like Malik & Rehman who are fine but they are no Saqlain Mushtaq.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
So India hold their nerve this time!!!:dry: :dry: :dry:

These two teams have to be the 22 worst fielders in professional cricket.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
http://ezinearticles.com/?History-of-Pakistan-Crickets-RawalPindi-Express---Shoaib-Akhtar&id=723811

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/1697923.stm

"The report confirms and reiterates its earlier findings that it is Shoaib's peculiar anatomical characteristics that lead to the erroneous perception of throwing," Rana said.

"The university has reaffirmed that Shoaib has an abnormal upper limb in his bowling arm since birth."

"The 26-year-old Shoaib saw his career thrown into doubt when he was reported for a suspect action for the second time this year - and the third time in all - after a one-day tournament final in Sharjah in November."
If he was last tested when he was 26 - that was six years ago. Undoubtedly time for another one. It is so much worse now than three years ago - let alone six.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
India have been much better(though,not that much in this match) through the last 3 matches.
TBF its not very hard to look better than Pakistan in the field, India are unashamedly poor but Pakistan are shocking.

Akhtar looks like he could do with losing about two stone and what’s frightening is that his still Pakistan’s best bowler in spite of his awful conditioning.

Anyhow not surprised to see Pakistan fail in their chase. They don’t have the batsman who are capable of regularly chasing down par scores on flat wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
TBF its not very hard to look better than Pakistan in the field, India are unashamedly poor but Pakistan are shocking.

Akhtar looks like he could do with losing about two stone and what’s frightening is that his still Pakistan’s best bowler in spite of his awful conditioning.

Anyhow not surprised to see Pakistan fail in their chase. They don’t have the batsman who are capable of regularly chasing down par scores on flat wickets.
On this track 260 would have been a par score.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Afridi's dismissal was shocking. If he's not going to change his game for the team, he should be sitting out. Anyway, Match ka Mujrim for this match was clearly K Akmal and maybe somewhat Malik for his poor captaincy. Whether people will admit it or not after his really fine 100, but the catch Butt dropped clearly cost Pakistan the game.

For next game, Rehman and Akmal both should be dropped. Make Yasir Hameed wicket-keep for ODIs and S Ahmed for the tests, and Pakistan will win.

Mystery

School Boy/Girl Captain
Two things:

One, excellent job Salman Butt. You gave it your best, and more. You put up a great fight. High Five!

Two, Yuvraj, though I know nothing about you as a person, you have created respect for yourself in my eyes after that awesome gesture you extended towards Salman Butt. Shaking hands and patting him on the back after he got out, to congratulate him on a tremendous effort, shows you're a good man. Honestly, it's so refreshing to see something like that take place in a match between two arch rivals. There are people, quite a few on this forum to be honest, that are so caught up in supporting their team, at times becoming blatantly biased, that they simply lose common decency. The funny thing is, the men on the field, the ones actually competing, not sitting at a keyboard typing, often times show better respect to the opposition than do their supporters.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Yeah it really wasn't a flat track. Pakistan should have restrained India to 250-260 and it would have been a closer game. They stuffed up themselves with the ball IMO (not that they didn't bat poorly chasing).

But Yousuf's run out, Afridi's idiocy only added to the fact that they were chasing 30 more than they should have been.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Opening with Afridi is a crime especially at a time when we don't have the insurance of Razzaq down the order.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In my opinion, he needs to be tested again. It seems quite egregious and he doesn't have the deformity that could be the cause for any illusion. I would be astonished if his results come back as within the rules. I wouldn't call no-ball during the game, but if I was an umpire, I'd certainly report him for further testing.
He does have a deformity. He has hyper extension in his elbows.

I think some guy on Channel 4 in England actually did a show on this. Murali and Shoaib are the exact opposites. Murali has like a muscle (or bones, I am not well up in biology) or two less in the elbow area in his right hand while Akhtar has a muscle or two more. Something along those lines.... It creates the impression that Murali straightens his arm and that Akhtar bends his.