• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Put it into context that a large number of the ODIs contained 300+ scores.
Or you could look at it the other way, and see that India often concede massive totals when Sreesanth sets the tone by bowling rubbish balls first up...

haroon510

International 12th Man
what a poor display of fielding from india.. that mix up running.. rp sing droping the catch and so on is the example of it...

well these two teams match each other on fielding department though

Salmon Butt

Cricket Spectator
what a poor display of fielding from india.. that mix up running.. rp sing droping the catch and so on is the example of it...

well these two teams match each other on fielding department though
India have been much better(though,not that much in this match) through the last 3 matches.

haroon510

International 12th Man
ya.. thanx to butt he kept it interesting untill now..

well played india and well played butt..

hope pakistani selectors take notice of kamran akmal's keeping and choose someone else for test matches... honestly it is frustrating to see him drop catches and giving runs behind stump.. it breaks the confidence of bowlers and they don't perform to thier full potential once a catch is drop..

Dissector

International Debutant
Atrocious decision for Butt. The game was probably gone anyway but it would have been interesting to see what he could have done.

If RP Singh had collected cleanly Butt would have been out a few overs earlier anyway. RP must be the most useless fielder in world cricket .

Xuhaib

International Coach
I dont rate Butt much since he will always struggle against quality pace bowling, but bouy this was one quality knock but shame he had no support.

P.S Kamran Akmal plzzzzz go and die!!!:@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India to win easily IMO. Its not a 294 pitch. Unless India bowl absolutely horribly, they should have enough on the board.
:happy:

Did their best to scare me in the first 10 overs, but with the way the pitch was playing, and the option of quality spin (unlike Pakistan for the most part) up their sleeve, they were always in the driving seat once Yuvraj and Dhoni powered them to such a big total.

Mind you, a lot of that credit must go to Sachin and Ganguly. They didn't kick on, but they faced the toughest conditions first up, and whilst Sourav was dropped and played and missed a lot, they both set a good platform for the middle order to kick on with.

Great win in the end.

Dissector

International Debutant
Mind you the Indian bowling performance at the death was quite pathetic again with way too many loose balls. This time the Pakistanis weren't able to take advantage perhaps because of the pitch, perhaps because they just didn't have the quality in the lower order to support Butt.

Karthik's ball to dismiss Misbah was nicely done though and that probably sealed the game.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed that Salman couldn't be there until the end. Seems he scores all his runs against India.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shocking stuff by Malik, he puts the blame for the loss entirely on Salman Butt according to him Butt dropping the catch of Yuvraj was the point where the game was lost

pup11

International Coach
Shocking stuff by Malik, he puts the blame for the loss entirely on Salman Butt according to him Butt dropping the catch of Yuvraj was the point where the game was lost
Ok dropping a catch is a serious mistake in modern day Odi cricket but to solely put the blame of a loss on Butt who single handedly carried his team's run chase seems quite a dire thing to do.
The more and more i see of Malik as a captain i am starting to get convinced that the guy is an idiot!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ok dropping a catch is a serious mistake in modern day Odi cricket but to solely put the blame of a loss on Butt who single handedly carried his team's run chase seems quite a dire thing to do.
The more and more i see of Malik as a captain i am starting to get convinced that the guy is an idiot!
awta.