• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
India finish at 294/6, after some late contributions from Dhoni, Uthappa and Pathan. Again Yuvraj was the cornerstone of the batting.
Yuvraj is unlucky that his average suffers from an initial stint as an agressive lower order hitter. In the past few years he has been among the world's best in ODIs, averaging around 45 and striking at around 80.

It confuses me why Pathan seems like he is bowling so slow when on the wicket ball, there was only an 8% reduction in pace of an initial release of around 135kph (which the idiot commentator thought was a lot). Damn, he is being expensive, Dhoni may have to take him off, the Pakistani's seem to have targeted him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Irfan got two outside edges off Butt (who was his bunny back in the day, along with Strauss).

Interesting that they did give Irfan the new pill.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Irfan got two outside edges off Butt (who was his bunny back in the day, along with Strauss).

Interesting that they did give Irfan the new pill.
I think Pathan should know he must pitch EVERYTHING up when he bowls with the new ball because it seems to not really bounce when he bowls short.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yuvraj is unlucky that his average suffers from an initial stint as an agressive lower order hitter. In the past few years he has been among the world's best in ODIs, averaging around 45 and striking at around 80.
he was pretty lucky initially, what with the dropped catch and then a plumb lbw turned down against him...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
he was pretty lucky initially, what with the dropped catch and then a plumb lbw turned down against him...
I was talking about his career average being so low.

Pakistan off to a flier, Pathan should bowl with the new ball more often but should probably come off now. Sloppy from Ganguly and Yuvraj - what is Robin Singh teaching these guys?

The_Bunny

State Regular
That was close to the two worst fielding efforts I have seen at international level, That wouldnt have been tolerated at my clubs 3rd grade :blink:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I was talking about his career average being so low.

Pakistan off to a flier, Pathan should bowl with the new ball more often but should probably come off now. Sloppy from Ganguly and Yuvraj - what is Robin Singh teaching these guys?
got that...my response was not a rebuttal of your statement, just referring to his innings today...

as for the pakistan innings, the indian new ball bowlers are being put to the sword by younis khan and butt and with plenty of batting still to come should be feeling good about this match right now...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
4 1 3 . | 4 4 1 4 . 4 | 4 . 4 .

What the hell.

Stopped watching after the innings break to study for my last exam, but India seem keen to make me look like a fool. The pitch isn't as flat as both teams have made out. The bowlers are just bowling **** I reckon.

Need Butt or Younis out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Salman Butt cutting loose, good to see.
Younis Khan gone, better to see:laugh:

Dhoni is really good at keeping these days. He is stopping them even on the second bounce.

Lol @ Tendulkar: See through my legs.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I keep going on about it but the Pakistani agressive start backs up my theory that both Sreesanth and Praveen Kumar should play if possible to vary the pace of the attack. This can stop the Pakistani's settling against all the bowlers' paces very early on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm starting to agree that maybe 3 left arm bowlers isn't working. Despite my high rating of Sree though, he always gets pounded, even if he does take early wickets. And lately, he's not even been doing that.

Atm, in ODI cricket, Zaheer is probably bowling the worst out of the 3 left-armers.

Anyway Yuvi running out Yousuf is huge. We're not letting Yousuf dominate this tour which is good. Game evenly poised for mine. Need to bring the spinners on, and hope Butt gets impatient and falls.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm starting to agree that maybe 3 left arm bowlers isn't working. Despite my high rating of Sree though, he always gets pounded, even if he does take early wickets. And lately, he's not even been doing that.
In his last five games, he has had an astounding strike rate.

Code:
Series         Win   Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w
India in Ireland, 2007 [Series]
               Ind     1   10      50   3  3/50    -     16.66  5.00  20.0  0  0
Australia in India, 2007/08 [Series]
               Aus     4   36     244   9  3/55   3/67   27.11  6.77  24.0  0  0
This should probably be looked at by the bowling coach too...

Code:
(6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w
1st innings           20  166.1   957  35  6/55   4/58   27.34  5.75  28.4  1  1
2nd innings           13  104.2   615  12  2/25   2/39   51.25  5.89  52.1  0  0

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In his last five games, he has had an astounding strike rate.

Code:
Series         Win   Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w
India in Ireland, 2007 [Series]
               Ind     1   10      50   3  3/50    -     16.66  5.00  20.0  0  0
Australia in India, 2007/08 [Series]
               Aus     4   36     244   9  3/55   3/67   27.11  6.77  24.0  0  0
This should probably be looked at by the bowling coach too...

Code:
(6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w
1st innings           20  166.1   957  35  6/55   4/58   27.34  5.75  28.4  1  1
2nd innings           13  104.2   615  12  2/25   2/39   51.25  5.89  52.1  0  0
Even if he does get wickets, he's still giving away far too many runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know I keep going on about it but the Pakistani agressive start backs up my theory that both Sreesanth and Praveen Kumar should play if possible to vary the pace of the attack. This can stop the Pakistani's settling against all the bowlers' paces very early on.
I don't see why this comes up all the time. It wouldn't be an issue if there were three right arm bowlers; in fact several teams have three right arm bowlers and there is never much opposition to it from fans at all. I don't see why three left arm bowlers is any different. Sreesanth is simply an inferior bowler to other lot in one day cricket and is justifiably left out.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see why this comes up all the time. It wouldn't be an issue if there were three right arm bowlers; in fact several teams have three right arm bowlers and there is never much opposition to it from fans at all. I don't see why three left arm bowlers is any different. Sreesanth is simply an inferior bowler to other lot in one day cricket and is justifiably left out.
I never made the point about three left arm bowlers, I say the problem is that the attack is one paced.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YUVIIIIIIIIII!

Shoaib gone to Yuvi's bowling. India well in this with the required rate closing in on 7.

I back Salman Butt to crack (lol) under the pressure of having to play almost to the end here. India should take this out if they play it smart.