• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
MacGill might do a good job versus India but he hasn't seemed threatening. Also, the history of India playing him so well the last time India toured. I remember Ravi Shastri saying that it was probably the last test MacGill was playing for Australia - India v MacGill was so one sided.

Given how Hogg has been bowling, I would select Hogg ahead of MacGill versus India if I don't see some massive improvement from MacGill.

chalky

International Debutant
TBF to Healy he hasn't wound me up half as much as he did last year. I still don't rate him, but think it's possible commentating on us brings out the worst in him.
He is still the worst of the channel 9 bunch (which is saying something), not as bad as last year but still so one eyed in his commentary.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He is still the worst of the channel 9 bunch (which is saying something), not as bad as last year but still so one eyed in his commentary.
Yeah, that's true, but it was his sarky chippiness that really did my nut in last winter. Lawry's as one-eyed as a trouser snake, but he's at least an enthuiast for the game. Healy gave the impression he didn't much care for the game.

chalky

International Debutant
Yeah, that's true, but it was his sarky chippiness that really did my nut in last winter. Lawry's as one-eyed as a trouser snake, but he's at least an enthuiast for the game. Healy gave the impression he didn't much care for the game.
Healy gloats & revels in Australia's dominance though and has very little appreciation for opposition players doing well where as you get the impression Lawry appreciates a contest.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Healy is really poor IMO. Just no insight or thought-provoking comments, except occasionally on wicket-keeping.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Slater is a fool as well - I used to rate him but something about his voice and his **** jokes and stories about Lara Bingle annoy the hell out of me

Favourites
Lawry
Greig
Chappell
Tubby

Good
Benaud

Fools
Slater
Healy
Nicholas

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
MacGill might do a good job versus India but he hasn't seemed threatening. Also, the history of India playing him so well the last time India toured. I remember Ravi Shastri saying that it was probably the last test MacGill was playing for Australia - India v MacGill was so one sided.

Given how Hogg has been bowling, I would select Hogg ahead of MacGill versus India if I don't see some massive improvement from MacGill.
Hoggy would get slaughtered by the Indians. Great one day bowler - very average FC bowler.

I'd play four quicks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thoughts on Atapattu's comments?

I think fair enough, and agree with a lot of what was said on the Cricket Show at lunch. It may be the last chance he has at speaking at a press conference. It'll be harsh on Jayawardene, but as long as they try and keep that separate from the dressing room, which is what Marvan suggesting is happening, then it's all fine IMO.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh Silva got one of worst records ever at 3 and 4, its one of the reason why he was forgotten for so long. It wasn't until he moved down 4-6 that he started scoring runs in domestic cricket. If he can't bat at 3 or 4, there is no way he can open.

Also there is certain Warnuparu(sp) that you forgot? But i reckon by March Kapu would have started to reach his potential and be pushing for Test and ODI spot. He is really starting to show some good signs with the bat.
Of course Warnapura should be in there....

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The article was in te paper today and one of the guys high up in Sri Lanka's management said it is possible that Atapattu could be sent home.
Okay, hadn't read too much about the possibility of Atapattu being sent home, just the comments that he made.

chalky

International Debutant
Jayawardena followed that one a bit, didn't he?
Yeah especially as Johnson hasn't brought one back into the right handers all game he could have left it. Still a good ball though.

Did he definately get a nick my TV signal went down straight after the wicket haven't seen any analysis.