• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Vandort is a huge lad, giant compared to most of the Sri Lankan team.

Sri Lanka rattling along not too bad here, bit loose on occasions but Jayawardene has played some awesome drives.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Tharanga / MDK Perera (? Chamara Silva as opener)
Meh Silva got one of worst records ever at 3 and 4, its one of the reason why he was forgotten for so long. It wasn't until he moved down 4-6 that he started scoring runs in domestic cricket. If he can't bat at 3 or 4, there is no way he can open.

Also there is certain Warnuparu(sp) that you forgot? But i reckon by March Kapu would have started to reach his potential and be pushing for Test and ODI spot. He is really starting to show some good signs with the bat.

Chubb

International Regular
I'm a big fan of Michael Vandort and I don't understand why he has been relatively overlooked in test cricket, he is a very good opener and just the kind of foil Sri Lanka want for the likes of Tharanga (I am ignoring Jayasuriya because he can't go on much longer). I understand he has made a lot of runs against Bangladesh but he also made a century in England.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nicholas has improved I think. He talks points now and doesn't go on frothing about players. Am quite liking him now - a sharp contrast to earlier.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a big fan of Michael Vandort and I don't understand why he has been relatively overlooked in test cricket, he is a very good opener and just the kind of foil Sri Lanka want for the likes of Tharanga (I am ignoring Jayasuriya because he can't go on much longer). I understand he has made a lot of runs against Bangladesh but he also made a century in England.
He hasn't scored enough runs in domestic cricket since the start of his career. Other players have stepped up when they played for Sri Lanka A and he hasn't. His always seen as minnow basher even at domestic level.

The more I see his technique he looks perfect for Test cricket, but I can see why he seen to have a major temperment issue. Just look at the way he starts his innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nicholas and Slater are my favourite current ch.9 commentators.

Mine would be as follows (in order)
:

Top notch

Slater
Taylor
Nicholas

Good

Greig
Chappell

Poor

Benaud
Healy

I want to slit my throat

Bill Lawry

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wahey for Nicholas love. I'd like to think I paved the way for that
Because I had the disagreement with you on him, I did start giving him more of an observation. I would have probably started to see his improvement eventually any way but still. This is one reason I like listening to alternate view points. :)