• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
Having watched the Aussies so far, I am certain India will do better than us ....In fact they will probably pull off a 2-1 series win if their batsmen all come down under in some form...because this Aussie attack can be tamed by the might of Indian batting for sure...they are not as tentative as our batsmen are...A real contest awaits the Aussies come Boxing day, IMO...
I agree
there's gonna be a lot of draws, IMO...

still think we'll win the series though

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Also i couldn't understand the commentators beef with Atapattu. First test in 2 years, hardly played FC cricket in between.... everyone else around was getting out. At least he hung in there and got some runs.. It may have been dull, and yeah he should've picked up more singles, but aside from that... well at least he was sticking in there when a lot of others didn't (particularly Jayawardene who must now lead from the front with Sangakarra out).

JBH001

International Regular
I will put my head on the line and say India will win the series 2-1.
:blink:

I think you over-estimate the Indian bowling jason. No way they will win anything if they are not able to take 20 wickets, especially against what remains a very potent Australian batting line-up. There may be a draw or two, but I dont think India will win anything. Two possibly three nil to Australia.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
I will put my head on the line and say India will win the series 2-1.
Dont know how you can say that tbh. We are the better team, with a lot of momentum. I would love to see the Indian batting line up really get going, Tendulkar make a big 200 or something. However it really is a fleeting hope, also I would back us to chase a big target down just ask Paul Collingwood.

pup11

International Coach
Having watched the Aussies so far, I am certain India will do better than us ....In fact they will probably pull off a 2-1 series win if their batsmen all come down under in some form...because this Aussie attack can be tamed by the might of Indian batting for sure...they are not as tentative as our batsmen are...A real contest awaits the Aussies come Boxing day, IMO...
Yeah that's true and that's why i am really really looking forward to that series but i still think Australian bowling might not have any big names (Test cricket wise) atm but the Aussie bowlers have very good work ethics and they execute their plans very well by bowling in the right areas, i think the likes of Lee, Clark, Johnson, Tait would be a bit too much for the Indians to handle, but yeah it would be great contest lets see how the famed Indian batting line-up copes with the new-look Aussie bowling attack.

pup11

International Coach
Great day for Australia today and a horrible day for Sri Lanka they hardly showed any resistance, anyways Australian bowling was very good today Lee led the attack well and Stu, Johnson and MacGill all supported him well.
MacGill bowled much better than what his figures suggest, as far as him bowling loose balls is concerned i think we have got to be fair with him, wrist spinners always tend to bowl a few loose balls in a spell, Warney was such a legend so one can't expect many wrist-spinners to be as accurate as him, so i think we should wait and watch how MacGill performs in remaining tests this summer before we make any sort of judgement on him.
I noticed today that MacGill was much more effective while bowling around the wickets because when he bowled over the wicket due to the kind of turn he got he gave away too much room for the batsman to cut but while bowling around the wicket (he was creating a different sort of angle) he was bowling his leggies and wrong'un's very well so that's a ploy he should use regularly IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
Brilliant stuff from Atapattu, a joy to watch him hold off the attack and frustrate the Australians. And yeah, Jono spot on for mine. Cricket teams are made up of all types. I enjoy a great defensive innings as much as an attacking, six hitting display and to limit yourself to one side of the game is silly imo, because it's all of these things that come together to make it so good.

Lee with the ball, Symonds and Younis Khan with the bat, I couldn't be happier atm.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant stuff from Atapattu, a joy to watch him hold off the attack and frustrate the Australians. And yeah, Jono spot on for mine. Cricket teams are made up of all types. I enjoy a great defensive innings as much as an attacking, six hitting display and to limit yourself to one side of the game is silly imo, because it's all of these things that come together to make it so good.

Lee with the ball, Symonds and Younis Khan with the bat, I couldn't be happier atm.
Great post apart from the Lee with the ball comment :p

White Lightning

Atapattu not making himself any friends with the Sri lankan selectors describing them as 'muppets headed by a joker'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/content/current/story/319220.html

It will be interesting to see if he gets picked for the 2nd test after
this.
very strange comments to make mid test but at least he is speaking his mind.

all of the sub continent countries have dubious selection processes to say the least, as i mentioned in another thread. they are say impatient with young players and push them on too fast, and then discard them. the indians, pakis and sri lankans just seem to operate in a climate of fear so no one they struggle so much at times, particularly in foreign conditions.

Isura

U19 Captain
Very dissapointing as an SL supporter, but nobody really to blame but ourselves and the selectors. Aussies have shown again to be a top ruthless side. Hopefully Sanga is back for the next test, and I believe he has the best record of the current bunch against Aus. Malinga will surely replace Dilhara. Only positives from this test is the consistency of Maharoof. He also looks good with the bad, hopefully he can be our version of a Pollock. Chamara was the only one who looked good against the short ball. Vandort, dire. What is up with his weird ass technique, he likes to play the ball too often defensively outside the off stump. Samaraweera.. dire. At least we can look forward to an exciting one day series

White Lightning

am i the only one that rates Fernando above Maharoof.

I know Maharoof is only young, but after 18 tests he still hasn't managed to get test record below 50 and that has included a fair few opportunities against Bangladesh.

And i know Fernando's record is enhanced due to a few good performances against Bangers and mash but he still looks the better bowler to me...

If Malinga was coming in i would be dropping Maharoof, not Fernando... but it seems im in the minority here.