• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

World Traveller
Deadset tool. Spoiled brat who never realised how lucky he was in his career, imaging him having to be a normal person and do a normal job.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Deadset tool. Spoiled brat who never realised how lucky he was in his career, imaging him having to be a normal person and do a normal job.
Absolute crap. People act as if Cousins was dead set on giving a big '**** you' to everyone who supported him for a quick fix.

How much chance has a guy got when scum like Hutchy follow him to the toilet and half of Australia were waiting for him to fail.

Obviously you are one of those people who don't classify drug addiction as an illness.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
The Gold Coast is also still growing at an alarming rate, and i'd dare say it won't be all that long before the GC has a population greater than Tasmania.
Its only because Demetriou has seen the NRL and now A-League expand there and has crapped himself.

Its a joke of a move - Tasmania would be so much more viable; its a football state, consistently gets better crowds and doesn't have to compete with the Lions.

A GC team will hurt the Lions.

cameeel

International Captain
Absolute crap. People act as if Cousins was dead set on giving a big '**** you' to everyone who supported him for a quick fix.

How much chance has a guy got when scum like Hutchy follow him to the toilet and half of Australia were waiting for him to fail.

Obviously you are one of those people who don't classify drug addiction as an illness.
You can't blame people for having little pity for an 'illness' solely caused by someone ingesting illegal substances, especially given that in this case he can't plead ignorance of the effects of his habit given the AFL education programs and the mass publicity illict drugs have received in recent times.

Craig

World Traveller

Did anybody force him to take drugs?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Drug addiction isn't an illness, it's an addiction. You only get addicted to drugs if you do them in the first place.

Getting TB, well, you're stuck with that through no fault of your own.

pasag

RTDAS
Cousins banned for 12 months by the AFL. Not like he was going to get picked by anyone anyways. In all honesty this would probably be the only way for him to play again - if he does it the AFL way and meets all their conditions and comes back as a reformed man with a big PR effort on his behalf, he'll play again. If that doesn't happen, not a chance.

archie mac

International Coach
Just heard he copped a year, what a disgrace :x

So if the WA police had not stuffed up, and if West Coast had not sacked him he would still be okay?

Where can I go to express my disgust???

irfan

State Captain
Probabilistic Analysis Of The Best AFL team in history

Was meant to post this after Geelong demolished Port to Adelaide and back, but forgot.

Anyways attached to this post is a statistical analysis of the best AFL teams in terms of premierships/yr and with an added weighting to account for the fact that before the last decade there have been less than 16 teams, so teams of that era and the VFL era have a better chance of winning the flag.

Have a look to see if they reflect ure opinion on the best AFL team in history

Attachments

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just heard he copped a year, what a disgrace :x

So if the WA police had not stuffed up, and if West Coast had not sacked him he would still be okay?

Where can I go to express my disgust???
I'm confused. Excuse my idiocy, but are you saying it was too harsh or he didn't get long enough?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Big Fraser Gehrig is doing a Mal Michael and coming back out of retirement. Nominated for the ND.

cameeel

International Captain
Too harsh, I don't think he should have got any sort of supension!
AWTA.

He's never been caught under the AFL drug policy, and isn't facing any criminal charges at all either here or in the USA, and yet he gets a 12 month suspension when there are players who've twice tested positive getting no sanctions imposed on them whatsoever.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Fans here happy with their team's draft choices? Liking what I've heard about this Cyril bloke for Hawthorn, but his fitness apparently is a bit dicey.

cameeel

International Captain
Haha, not happy at all with Melbourne's drafting.

Clearly our biggest deficiency is in defence, where we've only got one top quality player in Jared Rivers - who's yet to prove he's more than a one year wonder anyway - as well as some potential class in James Frawley; but we draft an in-and-under player in Cale Morton despite the fact that we already have two classy players in McLean and Jones who fill that exact role. Our next pick is another small forward to go with Robertson, Davey and now possibly Sampi. And finally, at pick 68 we take a tall backman to fill the glaring hole in our backline, followed by another defender with our final pick.

What I don't understand is why - good a player as he may turn out to be - we need Cale Morton when McLean and Jones are both potentially top-class midfielders, and why Craig Cameron would possibly draft a small forward when the state of the Dee's attack is such that our best marking target is 184cm with two dodgy knees.

Finally, Melbourne don't need Ashley Sampi, he's basically an older Aaron Davey, but with only half the skill or commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.