• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont know if it is so much to do with optical illusion or the fact that the doosra is under the 15 degree bend limit, whilst Murali's other deliveries are in the 5 - 10 degree range (I think).
In clinical conditions. Damn, I broke my word.

EDIT: Have they shown Murali bowling on super slow mo yet?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I dont know if it is so much to do with optical illusion or the fact that the doosra is under the 15 degree bend limit, whilst Murali's other deliveries are in the 5 - 10 degree range (I think).
Ah I think both are correct, it's within the legal limit yet it looks more bent than it really is or something.

Athlai

Not Terrible
When were the other two occassion? And who were the fielders and bowlers?
Yes because CA and the ICC would not realise that he may adjust his action for clinical conditions. You've cracked the unbreakable code! You should become a match official mate, got a real talent for it. :o

Perm

When were the other two occassions? And who were the fielders and bowlers?
Mahela Jayawardene at first slip, went low but couldn't quite hold onto it. And the other one was at short cover, diving sideways but was unable to get his hands under it. Not sure who the fielder was for that one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
When were the other two occassions? And who were the fielders and bowlers?
39.4 Muralitharan to Jaques, 1 run, edged and dropped! Was a tough chance at first slip, but went hard and wide of Jayawardene's left hand! Jaques lunged forward to defend, turned the bat in is hands, and got a thick outside edge.

59.2 Muralitharan to Jaques, no run, edged and dropped! Jaques is squared up by the extra bounce from the topspinner, poking and getting an edge that flies low and hard to the left of second slip, who lets it go near his boot, after moving to his right initially.

Can't recall the other.

JBH001

International Regular
Thanks guys. Seems like the only teeth in SL's bowling attack will come from two chaps on the wrong side of 35.

stephen

No offense, mate, but this stuff has been done and done on CW.

Best I can suggest is to look up some old threads on Murali, the new bowling rules, the doosra etc
Hey, I was just making a factual correction to your statement.

The guy who I feel sorry for is Botha who obviously copied Murali's style but couldn't pull it off.

JBH001

International Regular
The way Maharoof's bowled today he would compliment those two and Malinga very nicely.
Fernando though :mad:
Fair point. I was surprisingly impressed by his bowling in the first two sessions.

Pity he lacks a yard or two of pace (or something). But he might be alright (but not more than that I think).

Dilhara really was shovelling **** though...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hey, I was just making a factual correction to your statement.

The guy who I feel sorry for is Botha who obviously copied Murali's style but couldn't pull it off.
Mate, yes they have tested his action in 'clinical' conditions, they analysed it to see how and why he bowls the way he does. That doesn't mean his action hasn't be analysed again and again by match officials, during and after matches.

This has been done to death and such attacks on players who have been given the okay to play by everyone that counts is just not needed.