• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great catch Murali!

What a man.

Bit of a silly shot by Hayden, but I guess he was confident.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ridiculous shot from Hayden. No need for it at all and not the right length for it by any stretch of the imagination. A complete gift really. Top catch from Murali though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That back foot straight drive by Jaques looked like something straight out of EA Sports Cricket 2006 or something. Including the immediate call of "Yes"

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
this wicket aside SL bowling was as effective as a Eunuch trying to impregnate a woman, absolutely ineffective....:laugh:

and the donkeys that were braying for Maharoof's inclusion must be happy..

burr

State Vice-Captain
Go Murali!!!! Great catch, I love Murali, he seems like such a nice guy, always smiling and positive. Ponts seems to have more hair on his mug shot for channel 9, a bit of yeah yeah action maybe?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
What a mixup by the ICC with regard to the Umpires...pretty poor from Cricket Australia and ICC to not get the designated umpires the Visas...

I note Tony Hill seems to have been given inside coaching and home work on Dilhara ...got onto him straight off ...no let off...no doubt he had been briefed on Dilhara pre Match...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That back foot straight drive by Jaques looked like something straight out of EA Sports Cricket 2006 or something. Including the immediate call of "Yes"
:laugh:

Proud of Jaques this morning. Very solid, didn't know why the commentators were giving him so much stick for being slow at the beginning. Was good bowling in the conditions, don't care how long he takes.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Proud of Jaques this morning. Very solid, didn't know why the commentators were giving him so much stick for being slow at the beginning. Was good bowling in the conditions, don't care how long he takes.
Jacques wicket with Vaas's name all over it IMO.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
this wicket aside SL bowling was as effective as a Eunuch trying to impregnate a woman, absolutely ineffective....:laugh:

and the donkeys that were braying for Maharoof's inclusion must be happy..
Bowling was supposedly where we were stronger pre match , but this switch (of Maharoof for Malinga) makes the bowling attack just as lame bar Murali.

burr

State Vice-Captain
What a mixup by the ICC with regard to the Umpires...pretty poor from Cricket Australia and ICC to not get the designated umpires the Visas...
what did go on with the umpires, i heard something on the radion but kinda tuned out :unsure:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
what did go on with the umpires, i heard something on the radion but kinda tuned out :unsure:
Bucknor and Aleem Dar were the designated umpires. But today there is a lame story about the two not getting their visas and being unable to make it for this series. So replacements got visas pronto and turned up ahead of the designated umpires.

a little **** and bull it sounds like doesn't it...:wacko:

pasag

RTDAS
Prince, if you're so confident Symonds is crap, go a one week avatar challenge with me where I say he'll score 50 at least once in this match.

iamdavid

International Debutant

Havent been awfully impressed by him today tbh, dosent look in the best of touch. He's messed up alot of scoring oppurtunities since lunch and he's looked a little loose around off-stump a couple of times. But hey there was a bit in the pitch thismorning and he is still there

pasag

RTDAS
I note Tony Hill seems to have been given inside coaching and home work on Dilhara ...got onto him straight off ...no let off...no doubt he had been briefed on Dilhara pre Match...
Lol, things just wouldn't be the same without Jason complaining about the umpires :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Havent been awfully impressed by him today tbh, dosent look in the best of touch. He's messed up alot of scoring oppurtunities since lunch and he's looked a little loose around off-stump a couple of times. But hey there was a bit in the pitch thismorning and he is still there
Huge match for him. Australia dont need runs very quickly at the moment. He hasn't done anything stupid and I'm v proud of him representing my country at present.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, things just wouldn't be the same without Jason complaining about the umpires :D
ITs a joke that the guys who were designated to be there ...can't make it because of some story about visas , but their replacements can get there...load of bull...:laugh:

Any way the Umpires out there are ok so far ....I hope it stays that way ....in both innings for both Teams...:happy: