• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah what's with people calling for Maharoof ahead of Malinga? They both should have played, with Fernando 12th man.

You can't have only one 'steady' fast bowler in Vaas, and both Fernando and Malinga. It made sense to have Maharoof, but not Fernando, too inconsistent and will never live up to his potential.

And that full toss by Dilhara Fernando is proof of that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah what's with people calling for Maharoof ahead of Malinga? They both should have played, with Fernando 12th man.

You can't have only one 'steady' fast bowler in Vaas, and both Fernando and Malinga. It made sense to have Maharoof, but not Fernando, too inconsistent and will never live up to his potential.

And that full toss by Dilhara Fernando is proof of that.
Form of his life coming into this match though, yet perhaps it ended in his previous one. :ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
dull and more dull. can one of these two get out please, i want to see ponts bat.
Poor form dude. Very, very good cricket. Conditions were very difficult, guy on "debut", tight bowling and the First Test of the Summer.

Shot by Jaques! Attapatu with his foot...

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Commentators very harsh on Maharoof so far IMO. I think they just looked at the score and decided to make up reasons why Sri Lanka hadn't taken any wickets yet; Maharoof has bowled quite well so far IMO - I wouldn't change much from what he's done. Hayden and Jaques have just batted very well to handle it. Good morning's cricket all round (except Fernando's effort).