• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, 14 for 3?

At least Atapattu outlasted the rest of the top-order... for however long (or short) it maybe.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
but australia need a spinner who can bowl well 9 times out of ten they dont need to bat furthur down than gilly.
TBH, given the form Ponting & Hayden are in, we don't need to bat further down than well....Ponting, should've picked 8 bowlers :ph34r:

JBH001

International Regular
ooh er...I see normal service has been resumed for the SL top order batting overseas.

:(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Johnson gets Marvs. Just reward for some good bowling it seems.

Noffke for the 'G.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Corey, would you please be able to answer the question: are you back for a lengthy spell this time?
To be honest, I'm rather enjoying the fact that my popping up now and again appears to be causing you angst. If it's any consolation, I wouldn't be so honest with someone I didn't like. :D

Okay fine, I may be around a bit more. Missed the place.

Incidentally, since when did you post in *Official* threads?

Anyway, back to the cricket; SL were barely tested in Adelaide against the ACB XI and this shows it. Those guys didn't even train with each other but these guys are all great mates so this, I reckon, is a harbinger of what's to face them for the Test. Jayawardene is in a bit of a trough, isn't he?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Winning the toss has obviously worked for the Queenslanders....wonder what it would be if SL had won the toss and inserted them in....neat little trick working again...:)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Noffers is a champ and deserves a chance when the selectors realise that Lee can't take a wicket to save himself. 3rd Michelle running.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Noffers is a champ and deserves a chance when the selectors realise that Lee can't take a wicket to save himself. 3rd Michelle running.
I can't wait for Malinga to start bowling soon.:laugh:

I just want the last 2 wickets to go quickly.:)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You say Michelle 1/14 posts. Hate the term. :p

Top bowling by Noffers but.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Noffke in great touch. Unbelivable depth in Australian pace bowling just at the moment. Noffke isn't even the most obvious choice for this summer outside of the four quicks picked in the 13 man squad. Essentially he's 6th in line for a pace bowling spot, and he's dominating.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am certain, both Hogg and Macgill are likely to be left out as the Aussies will go with 4man pace attack and if anything this game today confirms to me that will be the case and the nature of the pitch that will be served at the Gabba...:)

And the last trick the Aussies will need for a perfect plan would be for them to win the toss at the Gabba and that will be Game won...:laugh: