• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

pup11

International Coach
Hodge blowed up the chance at while opening for Victoria today :happy:, obviously Hodge was trying to fill the openers spot in the Australian test team but he is awful form atm and i am happy that he failed so that pretty much means Jacques will open with Hayden in the first test.
Btw i am suprised to see that there is still confusion as to who should be Australia's next opener, i mean that after the amount of runs Phil has piled on in domestic cricket should have made him an automatic choice by now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanath going nuts atm, 83* off 76, with Attapatu 46*. Sri Lanka 0/138 off 27.1 overs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just about to post a score update.

Cullen Bailey getting taken to, going at 8.7 runs an over. Mick Lewis has been the only one to keep it tight, relatively speaking. Nice to see Atapattu making a few.

pup11

International Coach
Bailey is really getting more and more pathetic after every outing in this season:furious:, either Hauritz, Heal or Danny Cullen would have been better choices than him.
Btw, why have been guys like Rofe, Lewis selected for this team :confused:

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Was just about to post a score update.

Cullen Bailey getting taken to, going at 8.7 runs an over. Mick Lewis has been the only one to keep it tight, relatively speaking. Nice to see Atapattu making a few.
Must be a pretty good deck for the boys to get some runs in, hopefully they dont get too ****y because i got the feeling Gabba wicket will be completly the opposite in bounce, anyway i wish i was there watching this sanath innings.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
Real shame it wasn't happening 50 years ago TBH.

BTW - video on buses? :sick:
Cricket is still about "hitting the ball with the bat"...but the video analysis has def. helped both batsmen and bowlers target its attack much better. It also has helped captains set fields for ALL batsmen, incl the tail...and any team that does not use it starts at a disadvatage!

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
I also recall his sole outing in the VB series against Australia in Australia a few years ago. It was dire - he scored a 40-odd off close to a hundred balls (if not more) as everyone around him crumbled.
Yes, this was Van Dorts first ODI in Melb....Mahela deliberately ran him out to stop him getting his 50...as MVD was going so slow and a fifty would've made it hard to drop him. The ploy worked as MVD was promptly dropped from the team. The allegation was so obvious, that Mahela copped a lot of flak - he even had to publish a retraction in the Daily News denying this alegation...this was mid tour - a highly unusual occurence.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
SL are 150-0 in 35 overs vs ACB Chairmans XI in Adelaide, just after lunch. Sanath is on fire - 90 off 100 balls, incl 3 successive sixers of Bailey. Marvan is 48 off 116.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
SL are 150-0 in 35 overs vs ACB Chairmans XI in Adelaide, just after lunch. Sanath is on fire - 90 off 100 balls, incl 3 successive sixers of Bailey. Marvan is 48 off 116.
I actually think vandort could be a good ODI player that nite he was just nervous, anyhow looks like sanath is royally enjoying himself in this Warm up, good to see marvan straight into his no nonsence work in the field.