• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Certanily in the modern day batting he could be classified as boring, but he is the type of batsman that is very hard to find in this day and age like Kallis and Dravid.

I dont classify them as boring, i like to watch them bat for hours
Dravid, Kallis and Atapattu are all different batsmen and some one can find one boring and another interesting. Can't believe any one would find Dravid boring tbh btw but people do. I have heard loads of Indians say he is boring for instance.

Atapattu meanwhile, I too find boring.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Likely Sri Lankan Test team , IMO

Atapattu
Vandort
Sangakkara
Jayawardene
Jayasuriya
Chamara Silva
Samaraweera or Tharanga (if Tharanga then at 3 /Samaraweera at 7)
Vaas
Dilhara Fernando
Malinga
Murali

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Likely Australian Test line up

Jacques
Hayden
Ponting
Michael Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Adam Gilchrist
Lee
Johnson
Stuart Clark
Macgill or Tait

Am I correct ?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tait won't play, and i'm pretty sure since Clarke has returned to the test team (aside from the tests v Bangladesh iirc) Hussey has come in ahead of him.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope the guy in the picture below stars with the ball and I am sure he will star with hairstyles as well....

Attachments

Athlai

Not Terrible
I hope the guy in the picture below stars with the ball and I am sure he will star with hairstyles as well....
Agreed, hope Australia make the mistake of making good seaming pitches TBH, don't see anyone being more effective on them than him.

Should be an interesting series.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, hope Australia make the mistake of making good seaming pitches TBH, don't see anyone being more effective on them than him.

Should be an interesting series.
Subcontinental teams struggle in seamy conditions and the subcontinental batsmen really don't like that ..... so here's a predicting a pitch at Gabba that fills these criteria...:laugh:

Not space science really....:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Subcontinental teams struggle in seamy conditions and the subcontinental batsmen really don't like that ..... so here's a predicting a pitch at Gabba that fills these criteria...:laugh:

Not space science really....:laugh:
Malinga will be rocking though. ;) No one else will be mind you, just him.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
And Australia will go in with 4 seamers...this talk about Macgill or Cullen or Hogg...is the usual smokescreen the Aussies do before the Summer series, as they have done in the past ......as I see it...:laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
And Australia will go in with 4 seamers...this talk about Macgill or Cullen or Hogg...is the usual smokescreen the Aussies do before the Summer series, as they have done in the past ......as I see it...:laugh:
Yeah I can see Australia preparing a turning pitch when the worlds current best spinner comes to town looking to pass the world record for most wickets which is held by one of their legendary players.

I'm sure it's fooled everyone below the age of 4.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I can see Australia preparing a turning pitch when the worlds current best spinner comes to town looking to pass the world record for most wickets which is held by one of their legendary players.

I'm sure it's fooled everyone below the age of 4.
Aussies have without doubt the better seam quartet so they will go in with the 4 ...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Aussies have without doubt the better seam quartet so they will go in with the 4 ...
Lee
Clark
????
????

Vaas
Malinga
Fernando
???? another seamer?
Murali

While Lee > Malinga the gap is growing shorter as time goes on and Malinga > Tait IMO.
Vaas = Clark.

Fernando may be a weak link here but lately he's been excellent, I think Johnson will likely be in the squad and if Fernando delivers as much as he promises I feel that he equals Johnson too.

The fact Sri Lanka don't have a notable 4th pacer may be the downfall, though they do have Murali.

The bowling is definitely not Sri Lanka's main problem going into this IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Clark is better than Vaas atm and the second best bowler between the two sides.
Yeah pretty fair to say TBH, but they play similar roles in their respective teams, and I feel the margin between them is hardly a massive one. Vaas is just getting older.