• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
This final wicket partnership is now starting to frustrate the Aussies.
EDIT: As i type that the last Indian wicket falls!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol, the young Indians can't bat properly to save their lives in tough conditions, I guess. Sourav and Sachin can do that, as they showed in the last game and I think that stupid run out is perhaps where we have lost this game. Sourav and Sachin can and have played on such tracks and I think they would have put on a good stand again here in these conditions and set us up for a decent total. Absolute shame that Dravid seems to be out of form at the moment, otherwise he is another one who could have been relied upon to play well here.

I think we should look at having a permanent #3. WE can mess around with the order after that depending on the situation but I always believe that in any form of the game, your top 3 should be settled. The best batting sides work that way and I think India should work out which of these youngsters can best handle that role. My gut feeling is that Dinesh Karthik can do that. He seems to have the most decent technique amongst our young batsmen and he can also rotate the strike pretty well, given that he bats at 5 or so for TN in ODs generally. Give him a series fully at #3, see if he is good enough. If he isn't, we can try the next option but if he is, so much the better. Dravid and Yuvraj and Dhoni all seem most comfortable at 4,5 or 6 only. Dravid obviously has the technique to paly at 3 but he hasn't done that for a while now and maybe is feeling better batting at 5. I think we should keep those 3 for those positions and find someone to fill the role at 3. Gambhir, Karthik, Kaif, Sehwag, Raina and Badrinath seem to be contenders for me. And of these, I would like to see Karthik get the first go. With Uthappa, it is obvious that he has HUGE technical flaws and seems to be better at the end overs as a finisher.

pup11

International Coach
Great stuff from Gilly behind the stumps once again equalling the World record 6 dismissals in an Odi innings, Gilly = LEGEND.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
lol, the young Indians can't bat properly to save their lives in tough conditions, I guess. Sourav and Sachin can do that, as they showed in the last game and I think that stupid run out is perhaps where we have lost this game. Sourav and Sachin can and have played on such tracks and I think they would have put on a good stand again here in these conditions and set us up for a decent total. Absolute shame that Dravid seems to be out of form at the moment, otherwise he is another one who could have been relied upon to play well here.

Absolutely spot on. India have no replacement for them at all. Thank God at least Dhoni had the sense to acknowledge it in public in the face of a rampaging media hungry for further sensatonalising the mad cacophony for 'bring on the youth".

adharcric

International Coach

I think we should look at having a permanent #3. WE can mess around with the order after that depending on the situation but I always believe that in any form of the game, your top 3 should be settled. The best batting sides work that way and I think India should work out which of these youngsters can best handle that role. My gut feeling is that Dinesh Karthik can do that. He seems to have the most decent technique amongst our young batsmen and he can also rotate the strike pretty well, given that he bats at 5 or so for TN in ODs generally. Give him a series fully at #3, see if he is good enough. If he isn't, we can try the next option but if he is, so much the better. Dravid and Yuvraj and Dhoni all seem most comfortable at 4,5 or 6 only. Dravid obviously has the technique to paly at 3 but he hasn't done that for a while now and maybe is feeling better batting at 5. I think we should keep those 3 for those positions and find someone to fill the role at 3. Gambhir, Karthik, Kaif, Sehwag, Raina and Badrinath seem to be contenders for me. And of these, I would like to see Karthik get the first go. With Uthappa, it is obvious that he has HUGE technical flaws and seems to be better at the end overs as a finisher.
Spot on. Badrinath should play the next match at 3. Thoughts?

JBMAC

State Captain
You Indian supporters are too tough on your own team....India got 'em we (aussies) gotta get 'em....seen the Aussies fall flat on their faces chasing meagre totals. So support your team until after the game then analyse who should go or stay.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
RP Singh coming in at number 11 played 27 deiveries and remained not out.

Zaheer at number 10 played 44.

Five top order batsmen in Ganguly, Dravid, Yuvraj, Uthappa and Dhoni played just 25 between them. Harbhajan and Karthik played another 7 between them.

Yes Australia bowled well but Indian batsmen collapsed after a mad run out and a first ball duck by Dravid.

Sachin showed that the wicket wasn't bad for batting.

India need to look at themselves for their problems.

pup11

International Coach
No matter who the Indians select unless and untill they don't give every batsman a specific role in the team they would struggle, their batting order keeps on changing in every game, they got pick a particular batsman for every specific batting number and see how things go then, but the fact that most Indian batsmen don't have decent technique to survive even under slightly testing conditions makes the task a lot more harder for them.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You Indian supporters are too tough on your own team....India got 'em we (aussies) gotta get 'em....seen the Aussies fall flat on their faces chasing meagre totals. So support your team until after the game then analyse who should go or stay.
Well its really the shock of the 107 for 9 scoreline.

I was going to post that India have won odi's with lower scores but thought it was better not to provoke the Aussies here :)

pasag

RTDAS
Why? If anything after the game these things are either forgotten or covered up, especially by a great bowling performance if that happens. Even if Australia fail here now it doesn't mean India didn't fail either with the bat and that those things don't need to be discussed.

adharcric

International Coach
Never said I've given up on this match. Regardless of what happens, our batting was pathetic and Badrinath deserves a shot.

Or, you can listen to pasag.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Spot on. Badrinath should play the next match at 3. Thoughts?
The only way he can play is if India play four bowlers which they well might.

Replacing Dravid is a long shot. It will be a drastic measure but not beyond the realm of possibilty.

I think Dinesh Karthik may be brought in. Its a possibility.

adharcric

International Coach
The only way he can play is if India play four bowlers which they well might.

Replacing Dravid is a long shot. It will be a drastic measure but not beyond the realm of possibilty.

I think Dinesh Karthik may be brought in. Its a possibility.
Badrinath should play, be it Uthappa or a bowler that gets the boot. Certainly not suggesting that Dravid should be dropped, though it's ironic that he quit the captaincy to focus on batting and his first few games turned out as they have.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Great stuff from Gilly behind the stumps once again equalling the World record 6 dismissals in an Odi innings, Gilly = LEGEND.
i believe they werent easy catches either

the thing i like about Gilly is that he works hard as a KEEPER first and batsman second.. so if he's batting is up **** creek atleast he is holding fort with his keeping... and thats how it should be
ala. South African test series over there