• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, HB fired up and laying the smacketh down in this thread. Made some good points, but to my initial reading, perhaps fatally flawed by the assumption that Sreesanth is NOT an imbecile. ;)

Nishant

International 12th Man
I'd rather have a proven 33 year old make a debut and give you a few good years than a not-so-ready 23 year old give you ten mediocre years.
so the proven 33 yr old can settle in for a few yrs and then retire??? Thats stupid...plus, we all know yuvraj is proven at the age of 25...he has to be in the team!!

Nishant

International 12th Man
Why? What has he done to suggest he'd be a better test batsman than Laxman or Ganguly?
im looking at latest form mate....Yuvraj is by far the best indian batsman for india ATM...at least he looks the most fluent. And, as u wanna get specific abt tests...form is something that can be acrried over. What has Ganguly done to suggest that he is a good player in tests??

pasag

RTDAS
im looking at latest form mate....Yuvraj is by far the best indian batsman for india ATM...at least he looks the most fluent. And, as u wanna get specific abt tests...form is something that can be acrried over. What has Ganguly done to suggest that he is a good player in tests??

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
so the proven 33 yr old can settle in for a few yrs and then retire??? Thats stupid...
And in those few years, you might actually win a few games instead of losing with a not so ready player. Imagine that, picking a team that has a best chance to win...what a novel idea. :-O

Nishant

International 12th Man
And in those few years, you might actually win a few games instead of losing with a not so ready player. Imagine that, picking a team that has a best chance to win...what a novel idea. :-O
its abt developing a team...by picking a younger player , you can actually groom him into a great player a lot earlier than 33!! I mean FFS...ppl are way past their best at the age of 33....look at Sachin ( ring a bell mate??) You havce to remember that cricket is a TEAM sport and that a team has to develop over a number of yrs. Plus, yuvraj is NOT young. He was young during the Natwest series of 2002...he is not young anymore. And who said that Yuvraj is not ready right now?? He has hit a purple patch in his career and needs to be rewarded for that. then you're gonna on abt how he only did well in ODIs...the same old bull****!!! Well....cricket is cricket and form is form that is carried frm one form to another.....hey...what a novel thought! :-O

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, HB fired up and laying the smacketh down in this thread. Made some good points, but to my initial reading, perhaps fatally flawed by the assumption that Sreesanth is NOT an imbecile. ;)
lol, having a rough time today... But what I was trying to say is I don't mind Sree being a jerk to people like Symonds, who are themselves behaving like jerks with other players in the team and so on. But I have a big problem when he goes shoulder barging the likes of Vaughan or goes after someone like Gilchrist.

Not saying it makes it ok or anything, just mean that I don't mind him being an idiot with idiots of the opposition but when you start doing that to the good guys in the other side without any provocation, it becomes a bigger problem.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Oh, silly me for thinking form was temporary and would pass. And silly me for thinking that being a good test batsman meant anything.
define a good tests batsman. Can you do it? and then tell me if Yuvraj doesnt have any of these qualities....then tell me why jaffer or ganguly at this point in time have these qualities!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
its abt developing a team...by picking a younger player , you can actually groom him into a great player
Groom him? Test cricket is not a finishing school. You pick the best player, period. While you're developing a player, you will lose Test matches and when he's ready, you're ready to discard him and develop someone else. Yea, that's been working out real well for India.

a lot earlier than 33!! I mean FFS...ppl are way past their best at the age of 33....look at Sachin ( ring a bell mate??)
Look at Steve Waugh. And if he is playing well, then I don't care if he is 22, 30 or 55. If he is scoring runs or taking wickets better than his competition, then by definition he is not past his best (or that his best was phenomenal, but his not so best is still better than anyone else).

You havce to remember that cricket is a TEAM sport and that a team has to develop over a number of yrs.
Why?

Well....cricket is cricket and form is form that is carried frm one form to another.....hey...what a novel thought! :-O
Except...it's just not true. There are lots of players who flounder at the top level after being great at the lesser format.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
define a good tests batsman. Can you do it? and then tell me if Yuvraj doesnt have any of these qualities....then tell me why jaffer or ganguly at this point in time have these qualities!
Jaffer is an opener so he isn't relevant. Ganguly has a great test record and a good record since coming back into the team.