• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't believe Inzy is pretty much forced to retire. He's still their best player.

In any case, Paul Harris - what the hell?

shortpitched713

International Captain
SA well on top here considering Pakistan's long tail. At this point 300 would be a very good total for Pakistan, but I don't feel they're likely to get there.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Judging by his one first class fifty in 72 innings at an average of under 14? Or by the fact he was batting below Andre Nel? :p
Meh, just alway thought he was a decent bat from the looks of him. Assumed he had a better record, but from what I had seen of him he looked a fairly solid bat.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Anyone find Two test series completely dire? Especially while next door there is a seven ODI crap-fest going on?

I know the minimum ICC requirement is two tests every six years, but they really should increase that to three, or four even if it means increasing the time from six to seven years.
Aye..

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just watching the replay of the day on Zee. Magnificent stroke play from Butt and Akmal, especially the latter. Reminded me somewhat of him at Karachi last year against India, though not nearly as good.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Inzi out. Hopefully he can bat in the second innings and get a great send-off. They always play on my heart.

On a side note, I wasn't too keen on starting a new thread or dig up an old one, but who people can say that Flintoff is a better all-rounder is beyond me.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing from Pakistan, but great from a SA POV. Looks a good spell by Kallis atm, 5 overs 1 for 7

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Expected a little more from them than 39 collective runs though.
Rust, tension (different reasons for both) and great pressure to perform I think. A HUGE fear of failure. Much more than in normal situations.