• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

pup11

International Coach
Great win for the Proteas and lot of credit needs go to Kallis he has answered his critics in the best possible way he is simply a legend and he deserves a lot of credit for this South African victory, but i think Pakistan played some very negative cricket right through the test and they deserved to lose the test.
In the next test i would like to see Tanvir and MoYo in the XI and possibly Inzy too.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
hoping to see the legendary trio of youni,yousuf and inzi for 1 last time
heres hoping they make it an occasion to remember and inzi gets the 100 against Sa he needs to complete the perfect 10.

heres my team for next match

butt
hameed
younis
inzi
yousuf
malik
akmal
rao
asif
gul
danish

shortpitched713

International Captain
Anyway, my team for Lahore test will be,

Akmal
Malik
Yousuf
Inzy
Younis
Misbah
Afridi
Rahman
Asif
Gul
Kaneria
Yes to no openers. We should just tell them that they're coming in at three and 4, and we quickly lost the openers in the first couple balls. Wouldn't be far off to the situation we're usually in anyway.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great win for SA on the back of the hard work of Kallis.

Nice to see Steyn take another step to becoming a legitimate weapon at International level. Im yet to be 100% convinced but he bowled very well today.

Harris looks good. That low arm action really allows him to rip the ball (ecen if at the expense of a little bounce)

We all know Younis Khan is a class act and he showed it agian. Pakistan just need to find some help for him

nexxus

U19 Debutant
I dunno, Sami does seem to like playing against SA.

As a SA supporter, I'd have them both in the side. Especially Naveed, boy was he crap on Pak's tour here.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Nice win for us. Ntini is getting old, like Polly he's bowling slower. Good thing the Morkels and Steyn are waiting in the wings. Younus Khan played some very nice shots. He needs a partner, then he'll get scores like Kallis.:p
Kallis is the man, of course. Just told his critics, in the best way possible, to shut up.:thumbup:

haroon510

International 12th Man
Congragulations to South Africa on a highly deserved win.

Fortress Karachi is no more.

Anyway, my team for Lahore test will be,

Akmal
Malik
Yousuf
Inzy
Younis
Misbah
Afridi
Rahman
Asif
Gul
Kaneria

make a pitch similar to the one produced for the second asian test championship game against sri lanka or the 2nd test against India (where gul took his first five-for)

That's a team I am positive can win against the Saffies.

edit: seeing as iftikhar anjum is the third seamer I'd rather play Kaneria... which is a pity really. if anjum is the third best seamer we have in the country then we might as well give up fielding a team in international quality competitions.

edit:

what i thinkt he team will be:

Butt
Umar
Yousuf
Inzy
Younis
Malik
Akmal
Rahman
Asif
Gul
Kaneria

we would mostly likely to see the second team since in the first team u have afridi there.. second team looks bretty decent.. although first one is stronger.. i would like to seee hameed in place of umer and someone new in place of akmal.. i feel sorry for the batsman who ends up in unfortuanite dismisal of akmal's gloves.tanveer should be in for rahman or kaneria..younis should be in number three fallowed by inzi and yousuf.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Akhtar the way to go

As much as I dislike him I think Akhtar is our last chance to salvage a drawn series, Asif is carrying an injury from the rubbish 20-20 tourney and the two spinner theory has never worked for Pakistan during my time of cricket watching. My attack will be

Akhtar
Gul
Rehman
Tanveer

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Full credit to South Africa for the victory, Jacques Kallis really set it up with his twin centuries. Just a shame he couldn't turn his 155 into a double century. Steyn and Harris bowled quite well, another step forward for them in their development as international bowlers, which is especially pleasing to see for young Harris.

AB played a good knock in the first innings, as did Amla, but I think it's time for Hashim to say goodbye to Test cricket, surely there are better options out there. IMO JP Duminy deserves the chance at Test level.

For Pakistan, Inzamam should definitely play in the next Test, as should Mohammad Yousuf. Misbah-ul-Haq and Faisal Iqbal should make way, but other than that I wouldn't make any other changes. Consider Kamran Akmal on his last chance, if he fails in this game then he should be dropped for their next Test series. Persist with Mohammad Hafeez and Salman Butt I reckon.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Misbah-ul-Haq and Faisal Iqbal should make way, but other than that I wouldn't make any other changes. Consider Kamran Akmal on his last chance, if he fails in this game then he should be dropped for their next Test series. Persist with Mohammad Hafeez and Salman Butt I reckon.
If anyone has to be dropped, it's Hafeez and Butt. The other two players you mentioned have much better FC records and have also been given less opportunities compared to Hafeez and Salman Butt, so dropping them while keeping these two doesn't make any sense.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
That's why I say test matches should be reduced to 4 days. All those people who say T20 is boring, please tell me why after the first day of this test, it was clear which team was going to win the match, but it's usually never the case with T20 until the last over is bowled. Pitches are just flat and it's never gonna change, and when it's 5 days long, and batsmen score at SR of 30-40 it's just too boring, there's no other way to describe it.

Perm

That's why I say test matches should be reduced to 4 days. All those people who say T20 is boring, please tell me why after the first day of this test, it was clear which team was going to win the match, but it's usually never the case with T20 until the last over is bowled. Pitches are just flat and it's never gonna change, and when it's 5 days long, and batsmen score at SR of 30-40 it's just too boring, there's no other way to describe it.
Get over it, if you can't handle the intrigue of Test cricket then don't watch it, simple. This match wasn't 'boring' at all, there was plenty of action and other little stories within the Test, you obviously don't appreciate that though.

Perm

If anyone has to be dropped, it's Hafeez and Butt. The other two players you mentioned have much better FC records and have also been given less opportunities compared to Hafeez and Salman Butt, so dropping them while keeping these two doesn't make any sense.
It does make sense. Misbah-ul-Haq isn't good enough at Test level and neither is Faisal Iqbal, that's plan to see. Mohammad Hafeez has actually done something during his Test career, and adds another option while bowling. Salman Butt is one of the most promising batsman in Pakistan, so deserves another chance, not to mention the fact he was horrendously sick during this game.