• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
if YK was still there it was evenly poised..but now i think SA should win it
Dunno, these two seem very intent. Though I am not sure if they know what they are doing. They completely clam up and then all of a sudden play a couple of risky shots? At lunch, they need to sit down and have a talk about just what they are trying to accomplish.

Take a page out of the 156* by Ponting in Ashes 2005 as to how they need to pace their innings. That was absolutely beautiful for mine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Huge wicket in the first over after lunch! Pakistan in trouble now and the tail is almost exposed. Two very long sessions to go, and South Africa back on top.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Do u mean win or draw?
They would be happy with the draw from here, cant see them winning
I meant win but not anymore :)

Shoaib has never wanted to win it anyway and if you go to p[lay for a draw you do tend to end up losing it anyway.

haroon510

International 12th Man
that was the end of kamran akmal... well taken by boucher.. he was like look kamran that is how u keep and that is how u catch a ball and that is how u have to leave the ground now..
hope we don't see him in any form international cricket in pakistan side...again

pup11

International Coach
If South Africa don't win this test they should feel really disappointed, but i can't see Pakistan playing out the day now so i should be an easy win for South Africa.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Rehman out I think, Cricinfo commentary seems to be lagging behind it's own score for the last few minutes.

Surely there's no way back from here. That bugger Kaneria can't do it again?!!

nexxus

U19 Debutant
And we're done. Ntini scalps the Captain, new boys Steyn & Harris both take 5. Kallis got 2 hundreds. Job well done SA.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan lose at fortress Karachi for only the second time and similarly to that famous England win back in 2000, Pakistan’s Indian like tactics of two seamers and whole load of spinner has comeback to bite them in the ass. South Africa will be hoping Pakistan employ the same tactics in Lahore. Great win.

biased indian

International Coach
Pakistan lose at fortress Karachi for only the second time and similarly to that famous England win back in 2000, Pakistan’s Indian like tactics of two seamers and whole load of spinner has comeback to bite them in the ass. South Africa will be hoping Pakistan employ the same tactics in Lahore. Great win.
indian tactic is one seamer,one part time bowler and 3 spinners :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jacques Kallis is MOTM and with that Kallis goes joint first with Murali, in regard to the most man of the match awards (18).

Beleg

International Regular
Congragulations to South Africa on a highly deserved win.

Fortress Karachi is no more.

Anyway, my team for Lahore test will be,

Akmal
Malik
Yousuf
Inzy
Younis
Misbah
Afridi
Rahman
Asif
Gul
Kaneria

make a pitch similar to the one produced for the second asian test championship game against sri lanka or the 2nd test against India (where gul took his first five-for)

That's a team I am positive can win against the Saffies.

edit: seeing as iftikhar anjum is the third seamer I'd rather play Kaneria... which is a pity really. if anjum is the third best seamer we have in the country then we might as well give up fielding a team in international quality competitions.

edit:

what i thinkt he team will be:

Butt
Umar
Yousuf
Inzy
Younis
Malik
Akmal
Rahman
Asif
Gul