• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
btw, this one is esp. for SJS:

My cousins' latest comment: "We saw Sachin, Sourav and Zaheer all congratulate the Indian team on TV telephonic interviews, but no Dravid. It is because Dravid is angry that India has won without him. He can't tolerate it and so he is not giving any interviews. Bet he is drinking at some bar in his anger."

surely I should use rolleyes here... 8-)

Nishant

International 12th Man

My cousins' latest comment: "We saw Sachin, Sourav and Zaheer all congratulate the Indian team on TV telephonic interviews, but no Dravid. It is because Dravid is angry that India has won without him. He can't tolerate it and so he is not giving any interviews. Bet he is drinking at some bar in his anger."

But it is true that we have not yet heard of any comment frm Dravid!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But it is true that we have not yet heard of any comment frm Dravid!
maybe no one asked him????

It is not like Tendulkar and Ganguly queued up to give their views, s it? They were asked and they told, maybe Dravid was never asked...

Plus, it is also true that it is absurd to suggest that the reason Dravid has not spoken is because he is not happy that INdia have won. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. In fact, IMHO, I don't think anyone can match Dravid in terms of commitment to the team's cause in this Indian side in the past 7 or 8 years....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sadly, if you want to work something up into something, there's always plenty you can use to do it. Heck, it's possible for someone to do two things which are exact opposites and both be worked-up into the exact same thing.

Anyone who knows Dravid well will be able to take a pretty accurate guess that he's as delighted as anyone in India that they won the thing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

Show this to your cousin

Dravid heaps praise on Dhoni

BANGALORE: Mahendra Singh Dhoni came in for rich praise from his predecessor Rahul Dravid on Tuesday, who felt India deserved to win the Twenty20 World Cup because of their amazing consistency.
"Congratulations to Dhoni and his team. They played fantastic cricket throughout and certainly deserved to win the tournament," Dravid said.

Along with Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly, Dravid had opted out of the Twenty20 World Cup and the former captain said, "In every match they got one or two scintillating performances and that contributed to the success. Those were critical performances."

"It was a total team effort all along. I think the support staff also deserve a pat for their effort. It was great fun watching the tournament and the way they played,"

Source : DNA Mumbai 26th Sept 2007

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This (the reaction of HB's cousin) is typical of how an average Indian fan behaves once he has decided who his heroes and who his villains are. Then everything and anythin g will be fitted to suit his convictions.

R_D

International Debutant

All i have to say is.. i feel sorry for if you are always stuck watching games with your cousin.
Must be annoying as hell.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
This (the reaction of HB's cousin) is typical of how an average Indian fan behaves once he has decided who his heroes and who his villains are. Then everything and anythin g will be fitted to suit his convictions.
This is why I'm relieved Australia has appointed Damien Martyn to be the head of Public Relations for the upcoming series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is indeed. That is the very reason I brought it up. When you have guys with MBA and BE degrees behaving this way, it is surely not a difficult thing to understand why certain players are "untouchable" as far as this INdian team goes. It is not so much about the players but the reactions it would trigger in their maniacal fans is what keeps the selectors and others involved from taking the tough but fair decisions...

We all blamed Chappell for the Sourav exited but surely the selectors have to take the blame too, for letting the situation to get to that point. IT was obvious for a while then that Sourav didn't deserve his place in the side as a batsman. Had the selectors bitten the bullet then and dropped him, we would not have had the Sourav-Chappell war at all. My feeling as an outsider is that the Sourav-Chappell spat was what contributed to how tumultous Chappell's reign as coach was. Had that been avoided, I think we MAY have had a calmer team and dressing room under him. I still think the misunderstandings and suspicions between those two was what contributed to how divided the dressing room seemed to have been under Chappell, irrespective of who was right and who was wrong.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
So what's the weather situation going to be? This isn't another example of a series being scheduled in the middle of monsoon season or similar is it?

I'm trying to work out whether to splash out and upgrade my cable to include FoxSports for this series or not.

biased indian

International Coach
So what's the weather situation going to be? This isn't another example of a series being scheduled in the middle of monsoon season or similar is it?

I'm trying to work out whether to splash out and upgrade my cable to include FoxSports for this series or not.
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore--->
should be ok

Nehru Stadium, Kochi
was raining for the last one month every day but has stopped from yesterday onwards

Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad
Fine

Sector 16 Stadium, Chandigarh
Fine

I.P.C.L. Sports Complex Ground, Vadodara
dont know

Vidarbha C.A. Ground, Nagpur
should be ok

Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
Rain predicted for one week dont know how long it will last

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Those who think it will be a white wash - here is your chance to win 50 grand.

I will offer 1-100 odds against India losing 7-0 to Australia. Anyone who thinks Australia is going to win 7-0, here is your chance to make big money. Minimum bet 500 greenbacks :) A chance to win 50 grand. Come on any takers :) :) :)
What no takers ? I thought I heard someone shout that Aussies will win 7-0. Come on put your money where your mouth is and the odds arethebest you would have ever accepted :)