• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Odd dismissals

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's weird, I could've sworn it was Rana's action when I watched it first - upon watching it again, it's obviously Akram's.

Swervy

International Captain
Umm... why? :dontgetit
the irony of you making a slightly snide/belittling comment like 'Surrey v Sussex - who else would it be?' and 'How could you not do so? It's a required to watch the cricket!' in response to me saying I didnt really look at the players.....which implies you did...and you got the bowler wrong, just slightly embarressed on your behalf

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The most significant thing for me was the batsman's reaction. He just walked straight off - no hint of surprise, anger, confusion, anything. To me it would be impossible not to hide a reaction to being given out like that if you weren't already in on it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
the irony of you making a slightly snide/belittling comment like 'Surrey v Sussex - who else would it be?' and 'How could you not do so? It's a required to watch the cricket!' in response to me saying I didnt really look at the players.....which implies you did...and you got the bowler wrong, just slightly embarressed on your behalf
I wasn't embarrased at all, just a bit surprised.

DCC_legend

International Regular
One of the guys i was playing against today did an Inzamam and fell into the stumps. It happened to be off my bowling, after he hooked the ball down to fine leg, he then tripped over his feet and crashed into the stumps.

He also had to be taken to hospital with a suspected torn thigh muscle (he tore it from the bone, just under the knee cap), i felt quite bad for him, having to be taken to hospital.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha at Ethan quoting Liam then him deleting. :laugh:

I meant it's funny how often stuff that people laugh at initially is actually not funny (given that injuries and pain of any kind aren't really funny at all)