• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing hell stop ****ing trying the pretty little handballs and just kick the ****ing ball. And while your at it how about winning some clearances...

*Sigh*

*Sigh* So typical of our night so far that goal Copeland screwed, looked for the hand pass as soon as he got the ball instead of backing himself, had he kicked that goal we're still in it.

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
O'Loughlin is in trouble in the other game, landed heavily on his back, might have broken a rib or punctured something, he was coughing up blood.

Johnners

If Adelaide could kick straight, we'd be dead by now.
awta, much the same as last week really, except i get the feeling J. Brown won't have the chance to tie it up for us this time :(

Our midfield has again been hammered in the clearances, and once again it's because Black is being well held, and none of the others have stepped up to get in and win the hardball. Also as good an effort Wood & the Berger have put in, they just don't have the body strength to compete with Hudson consistently.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, having no charman has hurt us, but no excuses, we played pretty ****. We've gone back to the mindset of only kicking to brown, and adelaide just have 3 on him, and he's hardly touched it. Thank you Porplesia...finally kick the goal, no hope now..i can stop caring.:(

Johnners

Yeah, having no charman has hurt us, but no excuses, we played pretty ****. We've gone back to the mindset of only kicking to brown, and adelaide just have 3 on him, and he's hardly touched it. Thank you Porplesia...finally kick the goal, no hope now..i can stop caring.:(
Agreed, it's no surprise that now Brennan has slipped into his compulsory dire period and isn't really offering another target we've lost direction. That and the fact that Copeland is just straight out dire (don't rate him one iota) doesn't help.

Well played to the Crows anyway, deserved to win.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Should have won by 10+ goals tonight, the midfield was an absolute walkover. Basically every Adelaide player in the middle of the ground beat his man, and guys like Lappin and Black who have been in awesome touch did virtually nothing.

Goodwin's first half was awesome, McLeod was absolutely brilliant in the second, as good as he's been in years, and Shirley had probably the best game I've ever seen him play, dominating Black and having 30 odd touches himself. Reilly finished with nearly 40 possessions too, his second good game in a row. Rutten always seems to beat Brown and did so again, and Brisbane just lacked other options.

Delivery and conversion going forward was pretty shoddy though, and Welsh spending half the game on the bench hurt. Nick Gill is awesome and hilarious but still has horrible skills, and Burton had an off day and kicked 1.5 or something. If Brisbane ever got their act together it could have been a disaster, but it was never a close game except on the scoreboard.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Great win by the Pies tonight. Awesome to see Buckley back and running around, and to see the difference he makes to the team (to whit - they didn't play like a pack of assholes tonight). Just about had a tantric moment when he nailed that first kick to Thomas for a goal.

Buchanan probably ended his season you'd think, but it was good to see Clark back out again. It was weird, at three quarter time, everyone thought the Pies wouldn't have a bench, but Rusling, Thomas and Maxwell all played out the game well. I couldn't work out what happened to Maxwell - wondering whether it was cramp?

Swans look to be gone this year, you'd have to say. Meanwhile the Pies will (fingers-crossed) get over the Crows next week and secure a top four spot! :)

(BTW - I retract the "I don't care about footy anymore" that I said after we lost to Richmond) :ph34r:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Great win by the Pies tonight. Awesome to see Buckley back and running around, and to see the difference he makes to the team (to whit - they didn't play like a pack of assholes tonight). Just about had a tantric moment when he nailed that first kick to Thomas for a goal.

Buchanan probably ended his season you'd think, but it was good to see Clark back out again. It was weird, at three quarter time, everyone thought the Pies wouldn't have a bench, but Rusling, Thomas and Maxwell all played out the game well. I couldn't work out what happened to Maxwell - wondering whether it was cramp?

Swans look to be gone this year, you'd have to say. Meanwhile the Pies will (fingers-crossed) get over the Crows next week and secure a top four spot! :)

(BTW - I retract the "I don't care about footy anymore" that I said after we lost to Richmond) :ph34r:
Err... No.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Pretty shattered. Ablett's goal was so good. Would have definitely been a "stolen" win though, Port were the better side for nearly all the day.

Umpires were shocking. We probably got the better of it (especially where we were getting the free kicks) but geez..

Johnners

Should have won by 10+ goals tonight, the midfield was an absolute walkover. Basically every Adelaide player in the middle of the ground beat his man, and guys like Lappin and Black who have been in awesome touch did virtually nothing.

Goodwin's first half was awesome, McLeod was absolutely brilliant in the second, as good as he's been in years, and Shirley had probably the best game I've ever seen him play, dominating Black and having 30 odd touches himself. Reilly finished with nearly 40 possessions too, his second good game in a row. Rutten always seems to beat Brown and did so again, and Brisbane just lacked other options.

Delivery and conversion going forward was pretty shoddy though, and Welsh spending half the game on the bench hurt. Nick Gill is awesome and hilarious but still has horrible skills, and Burton had an off day and kicked 1.5 or something. If Brisbane ever got their act together it could have been a disaster, but it was never a close game except on the scoreboard.
Pretty much spot on...although in my biasness i'd argue that Rutten & Mattner beat Brown...because our other fowards just offered nothing. I can't wait until Bradshaw comes back!!

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Congrats to the tiges on a great win.

What an emotional night it was, i cant believe that was the last time i'll see Hird play live. Its rediculously sad, not only he is a champion bloke but a great bloke too. That is why Hird will be seen in a better light than the likes of Carey, Cousins etc. I nearly shed a tear when Hirdy went past in the lap of honour. I'll never forget tonight for all the right reasons.;

Status
Not open for further replies.