• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
My idea to stop tanking:

Scrap priority picks altogether and have the top 3 picks decided at the end of Round 16 (after all teams have played each other once).
Eg: At the end of Round 16:
Team X is 14th with 5 wins and lock in pick 3
Team Y is 15th with 4 wins and lock in pick 2
Team Z is 16th with 3 wins and lock in pick 1.

The only problem that I could see arising would be teams throwing their Round 15 matches, but it'd be better than sides throwing their Round 16-22 matches though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was thinking that a draft lottery like the have in the NBA could be a good idea, with the bottom 8 teams being in the lottery. It would stop teams from throwing games to try and finish last because even then they would be no certainty to get the no.1 draft pick, even though they would be most probable.

pasag

RTDAS
I was thinking that a draft lottery like the have in the NBA could be a good idea, with the bottom 8 teams being in the lottery. It would stop teams from throwing games to try and finish last because even then they would be no certainty to get the no.1 draft pick, even though they would be most probable.
Bottom 4 maybe, bottom 8 is abit too much. Wouldn't want to see 9th place getting a number 1 draft pick tbh.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Big week at the tribunal. Baker gets 7, to go with Johnson. They both have a bit of time to get some practice in for Mad Monday!

Johnners

Big Loss (stating the obvious), especially with Judd no 100%, imo they can't win the Flag without him.

pasag

RTDAS
Kevin Sheedy started coaching Essendon in '81. I was born in '84. Might shed a tear in round 22 tbh and that's coming from a Carlton supporter. Sheedy=Football.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Why I hate every club:

Adelaide - South Australian, thus **** supporters.
Brisbane - ugly players, **** location for a footy side.
Carlton - **** side.. Also delisted Prendi, ****s.
Collingwood - need I say anything.
Essendon - see above.
Fremantle - disgraced the Fremantle name - worse club culture built, fans froth more than is neccessary.
Geelong - Hate Scarlett, ugly players and **** supporters.
Hawthorn - worst supporters, have like 5 gun young key forwards on their list - give us one ffs.
Melbourne - won a flag lately?.. ****s. Queanbeyan U14B pull a bigger crowd I hear.
Port Adelaide - see Adelaide.
Richmond - worst team, if North were fairing as bad as them Laidley and co. would be packing their bags for the GC.
St Kilda - hate 'em straight out.
Sydney - accept your premiership window is closing and start to re-build ffs, and stop having so many blond ****s.
Bulldogs - lack of talls frustrates me, trade some of your outside runners ffs.
West Coast - half the team's on drugs, **** and clueless supporters.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Why I hate every club:
Sydney - accept your premiership window is closing and start to re-build ffs, and stop having so many blond ****s.
Best one. Sick of Sydney. And **** me, one of Schneider or Buchanan should get re-constructive facial surgery so I can tell the ****ing difference in general play. cbf numbers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HAHAHAH! Schneider and Buchanan are secretly the same player. If you select one of them in Dream Team, they actually give you both players.

Hoggy31

International Captain
St Kilda v West Coast
Carlton v North Melbourne
Fremantle v Melbourne
Collingwood v Sydney
Adelaide v Brisbane
Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Geelong v Port Adelaide
Essendon v Richmond

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
St Kilda v West Coast
Fremantle v Melbourne
Collingwood v Sydney
Adelaide v Brisbane
Geelong v Port Adelaide
Essendon v Richmond

Matteh

St Kilda v West Coast
Fremantle v Melbourne
Collingwood v Sydney
Adelaide v Brisbane
Geelong v Port Adelaide
Essendon v Richmond

pasag

RTDAS
St Kilda v West Coast
Carlton v Kangaroos
Fremantle v Melbourne
Collingwood v Sydney
Adelaide v Brisbane
Geelong v Port Adelaide
Essendon v Richmond

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
West Coast
Kangaroos
Fremantle
Sydney
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Geelong
Richmond

Wouldn't it be ****ing awesome if we spoilt Essendon's party. God damn I hope somehow it happens.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Like Nick's idea. Except in a slightly more measured fashion.

Adelaide - when was the last time they were involved in a game where everyone thought, "Wow, that was four quarters of good footy". Downhill ever since Wayne Weideman and Rod Jameson left.
Brisbane - I actually find it pretty tough to hate Brisbane. But Rhan Hooper gives me the irrits to the max, and they did basically get a massive leg-up from the AFL for no real reason other than to make them successful.
Carlton - Jack Elliott, shemozzle, arrogant. Could live with them in the bottom four for the rest of my life to be honest.
Collingwood - media saturation; players are just as uneducated as their fans, who I don't even want to get started on.
Essendon - biggest whingers, dead set. Always an excuse.
Fremantle - their supporters have no nous at all. It is like a bunch of redneck Americans have become AFL fans. The club has no heart or soul.
Hawthorn - a club that is holding back the development of the game as an exciting spectacle. Use your players, ffs, stop retarding them. Supporters also love to whinge.
Kangaroos - Ron Joseph. Gave Shane Harvey a second chance in football.
Melbourne - their supporters actually enjoy living upto their stereotype of not caring when they are losing. A bunch of front runners who rely on being fed the football.
Port Adelaide - have you ever seen a club with a bigger chip on their shoulder. Hope they die out. Can't pull a crowd in Adelaide. Williams and the Cornes' - bellends.
Richmond - they dropped House. Get so overexcited at anything that hints of success. Only when their season goes to the dogs do they attempt to play a positive brand of footy.
St. Kilda - Riewoldt is the biggest knobjockey in the AFL. They have Fiora, Milne and Montagna playing for them, and they used to have Thomas. And why the hell didn't they keep Kosi at CHB when he first came to the club?
Sydney - with Borcich here, inject some youth. And I hate their fans going on about "the Bloods" as though they have some sort of involvement in it. It's a player movement, stop being cheap claimers.
WB - I can't wait till West retires, and if Cross is having a bad day there will be 21 Bullies players wandering around waiting for someone to give the ball to them.
West Coast - 92, 94 and a real stench of supremism around the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.