• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

R_D

International Debutant
it be pretty good if Kumble, Zak and co can further frustrate england by hanging around for a while longer... don't really care if they don't score much.

Majin

International Debutant
I dunno, I'm actually quite looking forward to RP Singh's attempted biff session, it is always very humourous.

TheGreatAusie

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
*GRIN*

The first time I've seen Dhoni bat in real-time...I can see why he's a hit in India, nice clean hitting and a great team player, didn't even care for his century! Top man!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
India could very well better their own record or highest team total (in Tests) with no hundreds here, set in this match - India vs New Zealand in 1976. Highest all-out total with no hundreds is this effort by South Africa against Australia.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Man I think this is the start of India's dominance, or atleast they'll establish themselves as the 2nd best team in the world. After we finish destroying these English, we'll beat Pakistan, and draw the series in Australia. Can't wait. :cool:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Man I think this is the start of India's dominance, or atleast they'll establish themselves as the 2nd best team in the world. After we finish destroying these English, we'll beat Pakistan, and draw the series in Australia. Can't wait. :cool:
Haha Turb, don't get ahead of yourself. This match isn't won (or even drawn) yet.

R_D

International Debutant
Thats what we thought after the series draw in Aus as well and there was a reason to be optemistic than.... Sehwag was in great form, Laxman, Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly all were few years younger and in decent form. A seam attack looked decent as well.
But this time not sure how long The middle order will be around and its not very stable either. Love your optimism but i wouldn't hold my breath. I'm fully expecting india to get thrashed in Aus.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Turb, don't get ahead of yourself. This match isn't won (or even drawn) yet.
Thats what we thought after the series draw in Aus as well and there was a reason to be optemistic than.... Sehwag was in great form, Laxman, Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly all were few years younger and in decent form. A seam attack looked decent as well.
But this time not sure how long The middle order will be around and its not very stable either. Love your optimism but i wouldn't hold my breath. I'm fully expecting india to get thrashed in Aus.
Haha guys don't worry, we'll do it, just watch. I just fear for the Aussies, cuz imagine once Dravid even comes back into form, and if the rest can keep contributing like they have, we can do it.

sideshowtim

Banned
You do realise you're playing an English side with a severely depleted bowling line up, incredibly average batting line up (bar one superstar) and a terrible wicket-keeper? Let's put things back into perspective....Add to that the fact that had England batted first they'd probably be in the position you are now. Don't get too ahead of yourselves, that seems to be one of India's major flaws in recent times.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha guys don't worry, we'll do it, just watch. I just fear for the Aussies, cuz imagine once Dravid even comes back into form, and if the rest can keep contributing like they have, we can do it.
Haha, it wouldn't be CW without the Turb's unfailing optimism for India. :)

sideshowtim

Banned
You'll be facing better quality bowling in Australia. And better quality batting too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
"Real test"? No one has won in England since 2001. This is awesome, if we pull this off. The best series win in my lifetime of watching cricket.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You do realise you're playing an English side with a severely depleted bowling line up, incredibly average batting line up (bar one superstar) and a terrible wicket-keeper? Let's put things back into perspective....Add to that the fact that had England batted first they'd probably be in the position you are now. Don't get too ahead of yourselves, that seems to be one of India's major flaws in recent times.
Is it India's fault England can't keep its players fit. Face it this, atm, is the best team England are able to put on the field, and this atm, is the best team India could put on the field. I am tired of the "depleted bowling line up" excuse, it's not at all India's fault England doesn't have fit enough players, and those that are fit aren't good enough.

Would England be in the same position? That's what was being said when India racked up tons of runs in the last test, batting conditions were the same for England in the 2nd innings, yet they couldn't produce the same amount of runs, cuz face it our swing bowling was too good.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Fair enough. This is one of the few times when people can fairly 'criticise' the English bowling attack. But They don't have a poor batting line up. They've just performed poorly. If you think otherwise, please suggest to me the changes you'd make with available players.