• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best pace bowler of all time?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It is. There's simply no two ways about the fact that Hussain outperformed Hayden at the times I said he did.
Mate, I don't agree with the theory ofHussain over Hayden at all but I also wasn't around when you were arguing that, so if you have the time and could be bothered emailing me your thoughts (or at least a summary) I'd be really interested in reading them.

spr_77@hotmail.com

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mate, I don't agree with the theory ofHussain over Hayden at all but I also wasn't around when you were arguing that, so if you have the time and could be bothered emailing me your thoughts (or at least a summary) I'd be really interested in reading them.

spr_77@hotmail.com
Well if you had extreme stamina you might consult this thread, but I'd actually recommend not, I must've said the exact same thing 50 times over and it must be incredibly boring re-reading the whole thread which is more repetition than new revelation.

Anyway, I'll see if I can drop you an email sometime, but it might not be for a couple of days at least. :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha. Can't see the boss being too impressed by that idea - nor anyone else FTM. :ph34r:
Then how about an article about the perception of fast scoring cricket in the media compared to your genuine shot playing cricketer. Would be very interesting IMO, particularily if it addressed test and ODI cricket,

I recokon you should give it a shot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasim was most notable for his reverse-swing. Now, of course, this is not to say he couldn't bowl conventional swing, at all, but he wasn't really all that noted for it, and indeed preferred to bowl short with a new-ball, meaning he didn't always use it as he might.

Marshall, on the other hand, is probably the most noted swing-bowler of them all (so presumably bowled reverse-swing too, even though no-one really called it that in his day) and used the Bouncer much more sparingly (except on the odd occasion when he got carried-away) and was as a result much feared for his bouncer.

What's more, Marshall managed an average 3 points lower. Now, 23 and 20 are both outstanding averages, of course, but while Wasim was consistent, Marshall was super-consistent.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Imran Khan the best pace bowler ever?
That's certainly not impossible (though when said by Shoaib\BhupinderSingh should always be taken with a pinch o' the ole' salt) however. I'd probably not quite rate him in Marshall's league, nor Hadlee's, but it's not a far-out thing.