• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha that would be gun, I'd love to see Kev Gough bouncing some poor member.
And I've love to prance up, toss the ball into the sky with the least effort imaginable, and bowl him neck and crop with one that turned square, before expelling a semi-bored yawn to emphasise the lack of effort us spinners supposedly put in to delivering the ball.

Failing that, I'd love to play an impecable forward defence to haroon's bowling! Not English though, which is a shame. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And I've love to prance up, toss the ball into the sky with the least effort imaginable, and bowl him neck and crop with one that turned square, before expelling a semi-bored yawn to emphasise the lack of effort us spinners supposedly put in to delivering the ball.
:nono: Don't attack other members. Poor showing from a Mod.

(THIS POST WAS PARTLY IN JEST BUT WITH SOME MEANING!!!!!!!!!!)

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The CW England/Scotland/Irish X1 could look something like this...

Sam Morris
Alex Crampton (wk)
Liam Howgate
Tarick (don't know 2nd name)
Kev Goughy (c)
open365
Ethan McNamara
Rich Hingston
Neil Pickup
Matt Mitchell
Richard Dickinson

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Then play a game of Aussie Rules and see the melee...
Don't think Kev ever claimed he was any shakes at Aussie Rules, though - Murphy actually said he thought he'd "take" Kev and play the Pull stroke effortlessly off his bowling.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:nono: Don't attack other members. Poor showing from a Mod.

(THIS POST WAS PARTLY IN JEST BUT WITH SOME MEANING!!!!!!!!!!)
Fully justified IMO, given his anti-spin rants. Nothing against him as a person or a member of a site - just that I love getting out those who think spin is rubbish.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The CW England/Scotland/Irish X1 could look something like this...

Sam Morris
Alex Crampton (wk)
Liam Howgate
Tarick (don't know 2nd name)
Kev Goughy (c)
open365
Ethan McNamara
Rich Hingston
Neil Pickup
Richard Dickinson
?
WTF are you on with me not at eleven? And if Hingston gets his "ard" knocked-off, so do I! :nono:

open365 is called Tom Bowman, BTW, and there'd be another Tom on the team in Halsey.

Tarick's surname is Weber, and if he were included it'd have to be a British Isles-and-Dutch XI.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fully justified IMO, given his anti-spin rants. Nothing against him as a person or a member of a site - just that I love getting out those who think spin is rubbish.
And I love making a point about people who can't see the wood for the trees when a player plays for a certain team (ie, their team)... but apparently I'm not allowed to point-out the fact that such a thing happens repeatedly because it's attacking the poster...

PhoenixFire

International Coach

Failing that, I'd love to play an impecable forward defence to haroon's bowling! Not English though, which is a shame. :p
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: