• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
This isn't good - Lord's head groundsman Mick Hunt says he thinks this drizzle will clear up - by about 0300 on Tuesday.

Lol.. Turbinators rain dance/singing is working.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
5.45 pm As promised, the ten-minute update from Siddhartha Vaidyanathan at Lord's. "Still drizzling," he says. "It's getting quite heavy ... a sensational end to a super Test." Well it's not quite at the end yet, but we're slowly getting there.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
5.55 pm Status quo at Lord's. If conditions don't improve, the match will be called off at 6.30 pm. That's in a little over 30 minutes.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When England took the light in the first inning, a few commentators mentioned how they shouldn't have till they could avoid it if they looked to force a win in the game as rain was a big factor in this game.

Even when they came on to bowl today, they didn't have more catching fielders (third slip for instance which did result in a missed opportunity). Have we forgotten a bit of the defensive play by England while batting yesterday?

Really, they are lucky that it did not rain more today and England have only themselves to blame for what looks like a draw now. They never really pushed on with the game and should have shown more urgency.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
When England took the light in the first inning, a few commentators mentioned how they shouldn't have till they could avoid it if they looked to force a win in the game as rain was a big factor in this game.

Even when they came on to bowl today, they didn't have more catching fielders (third slip for instance which did result in a missed opportunity). Have we forgotten a bit of the defensive play by England while batting yesterday?

Really, they are lucky that it did not rain more today and England have only themselves to blame for what looks like a draw now. They never really pushed on with the game and should have shown more urgency.
No. India lucked out (though it ain't over yet). England could have been a little more aggressive but really they had India 9 down with about 40 overs to go. You can't do much better than that.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
True true. I completely agree here.

And also, I agree India have played like crap. But there are positives to be taken and lessons to be learnt from all this. Had Indian bowlers got use to the conditions earlier and not bowled as crap as they did on the first day, this match could've been almost 50-50 with England's first innings score around 200-230.

And something I thought us Indian fans would never see, two most unexpected things have saved us a test match, first being Dhoni and the second being rain.

But the experienced middle order needs to start taking some responsibility now if we are to be competitive.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If anyone are lucky, then it's India.
India are lucky to save the test despite last two batsmen giving their wickets away, England are lucky that they were able to bowl 50 overs. They had 380 runs to defend and all Pratyush is saying that they should have been more aggresive.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
True true. I completely agree here.

And also, I agree India have played like crap. But there are positives to be taken and lessons to be learnt from all this. Had Indian bowlers got use to the conditions earlier and not bowled as crap as they did on the first day, this match could've been almost 50-50 with England's first innings score around 200-230.

And something I thought us Indian fans would never see, two most unexpected things have saved us a test match, first being Dhoni and the second being rain.

But the experienced middle order needs to start taking some responsibility now if we are to be competitive.
If England hadn't batted crap in the first innings, then we would have won, simple as.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If England hadn't batted crap in the first innings, then we would have won, simple as.
I am not making any excuses here with that statement, I am just saying it's something India can learn from.

And a drawn match is a drawn match deal with it, it's too bad England bowlers could not get Dhoni out in time, it isn't the first time a team has been saved due to the weather. Dhoni batted reasonably well with the tail enders imo.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ah but the two things were interlocked in a way. India were lucky that England were to passive with the field settings and the weather. England were lucky with the weather as well, to a certain extent, plus they could have done so much more.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
6.20 pm Well that's it. The match has been called off. England have been denied by the rain, India have been let off the hook, it's a draw. Lots of relieved faces in the Indian dressing-room.