• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, no, you two seem to have misunderstood what I'm saying...

Manan is (about) the same amount older than Akhil that Akhil is older than Aseem. Yeah? :unsure:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jaffer made a big score, and makes some here and there, but largely looks out of sorts against quality bowling in bowling frinedly conditions. Not what you want from an opener.
I would have not gone to disagree with you on Jaffer before this series given that he had been suspect in England. However, after his first inning, I would give him a bit more of a run really. He showed excellent composure and was playing the ball late - some thing which is always a good point for an opener. After the initial jitteriness, he came into his own in swinging conditions. A thing with Jaffer - if he sticks on, usually he goes on to score big and so it was a bit disappointing that he didn't capitalise to go on to score more in the first inning but it holds promise and I wouldn't dispense with him just yet.

Code:
England in India, 2005/06 [Series]
                 -     3    6   0   250 100   81   31   41.66   1   1   0
India in West Indies, 2006 [Series]
               Ind     4    7   0   372 212   60   54   53.14   1   2   0
India in South Africa, 2006/07 [Series]
                SA     3    6   0   185 116   28   26   30.83   1   0   0
India in Bangladesh, 2007 [Series]
               Ind     2    3   1   138 138*   0    0   69.00   1   0   2
Since his return, he did play a crucial role in the West Indies and though he did not perform in South Africa, I am glad he is being given a run in England. I would see how he goes in the next 2 tests and make a decision on his career after that. I wouldn't end it just yet and there is hope he might serve India well for the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Chappell said that?! Haha! He was known for having a bit of a sledge himself. What a hypocrite.
sledging is one thing. Chattering away with possible personal abuses as the bowler is about to start his run up is just not on, esp. when they are standing so close to the batter. As Chappelli said, the batsman is entitled to a bit of peace and quiet when the bowler is about to commence his run up. If u wanna sledge, by all means do it between balls, not when the ball is abt to be delivered, FFS.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As I've been saying, this is make or break for Tendulkar. Dravid is also on the downturn one feels, and his form hasn't been too good lately.

Ganguly, oddly enough, might have the most left, but even that isn't much IMO. Laxman just looks like a shadow of himself as I've mentioned earlier. I feel a major revamp coming on in the next two years.
we are talking about India here, my friend. The only "revamp" you will see will be in the bowling attack, the openers and the wicket keeper. The middle order never NEVER changes till these guys decide to call it a day and that doesn't seem to be on the horizon for the next 3 years at least. Indians are horrible at timing their retirements... Maybe because of the money, maybe because of the limelight but they are just the worst at it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Have to echo some of SS and others' feelings here. Don't see India doing much in this test and as they have said, it should be all over between lunch and tea barring rain. And I am not sure how many times rain has saved India. The rain God always seems to work against India. :(

Karthik and Ganguly showed some good pluck and I have to say this is the most spirited I have seen Ganguly since his comeback. He just looks like a part of the "team" finally and it seems he is also now considering it "his" team, which, IMHO, didn't seem to be the case earlier during his comeback. Maybe with the axing of Chappell and that joke that "the selection of our next coach" process was, guys like Sachin and Sourav are perhaps starting to take up more responsibility..... And even though it seems like talent and ability wise, India are falling down the barrel of international sides, at least with the improving attitudes and team spirits, I expect things to start getting better reasonably soon. But the results will only come if some players find their bearings, IN A HURRY.

Last edited: