• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Any accolades for Prior?

Surely he is looking like the 'real deal now?

Probably a bit early now considering the fact he hasn't played away from home yet (whe do they btw?), but he does look solid.

chalky

International Debutant
Any accolades for Prior?

Probably a bit early now considering the fact he hasn't played away from home yet (whe do they btw?), but he does look solid.
I think England go to Sri Lanka & New Zealand this winter

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Any accolades for Prior?

Very fair effort in the circumstances. Edged a couple which didn't carry, but we could quite easily have folded for not very many if he'd have gone early.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Why don't Cricket broadcasters use the little cartoon duck with the bat under its arm when a player gets a duck? I can't remember wheather it was channel 9 or Sky who also had it throwing it's cap on the floor. Used to give me a laugh anyway.
Daddles. Channel 9 invention that.

chalky

International Debutant
Daddles. Channel 9 invention that.
Daddles :laugh: I think sky also used something similer for couple of years though haven't seen it in a while in England.

I remember watching a documetary on world series cricket where it was used and one of the commenators had a rigt go at its useand walked out of the box. Can't remember who it was though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ian Chappell: You said the last time we commentated how the fast bowlers in our era were slower. The spinners... Underwood was 70 miles an hour. So you can make out how fast the fast bowlers were... probably 130-140 miles an hour.

Hussain: It has taken you five hours for that come back.

chalky

International Debutant
Ian Chappell: You said the last time we commentated how the fast bowlers in our era were slower. The spinners... Underwood was 70 miles an hour. So you can make out how fast the fast bowlers were... probably 130-140 miles an hour.

Hussain: It has taken you five hours for that come back.
Ouch

There was also a good one a Sky earlier when Botham & Gower where talking about west Indies record chase at Lords in 1984 after England had declared:

Botham: You declared

Gower:Well you bowled

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ouch

There was also a good one a Sky earlier when Botham & Gower where talking about west Indies record chase at Lords in 1984 after England had declared:

Botham: You declared

Gower:Well you bowled
Haha. Good one. That Hussain one wasn't harsh. He was smiling when Chappell was speaking and said it smiling too. Just good fun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. Fair to say Monty not picking Kumble's wrong 'un. Just not good enough to get an edge on one.

KP might just go nuts here now.