• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Certainly see more of what Prior's really about as a batsman coming in in this position.

Beautiful straight drive from KP as I type. England's best (only?) chance of a winning lead, obv.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't great, but the dismissal was more to do with the ball not getting up as high as it should from the length RPS had banged it in at.
Oh? cricinfo just described it as a poor shot, unfortunately I'm not watching and probably won't be until after lunch.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Jumped on the bed in excitement.
Oh nah I'm on the sofa downstairs, run up to post on CW everytime a wicket falls. When a boundary is hit, I rather stay downstairs :) .

But yea a lot of times. You should've seen me on day two when wickets were tumbling, I was going absolutely crazy. My mom was like calm down, you'll get a heart attack.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh? cricinfo just described it as a poor shot, unfortunately I'm not watching and probably won't be until after lunch.
Bell had just pulled a very similar ball for four which had got up to chest height, this one barely reached his cods. Came off the toe-end & we all know the rest.

chalky

International Debutant
What do people believe is a safe lead for England usually you would think about 280-300 should be good enough. I suppose it depends on how the pitch plays in recent times on the 4th & 5th day the Lords pitch has become easier play because it really deadens out.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh nah I'm on the sofa downstairs, run up to post on CW everytime a wicket falls. When a boundary is hit, I rather stay downstairs :) .

But yea a lot of times. You should've seen me on day two when wickets were tumbling, I was going absolutely crazy. My mom was like calm down, you'll get a heart attack.
Hahaha. Awesome. I was just telling some one that you would probably get a heart attack if we win too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Haha, I'd love to see what you're like when India actually win a Test.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
India's highest winning fourth-innings score since 1990 was 264 against Sri Lanka in Kandy. I think that England will still need over 300 though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What do people believe is a safe lead for England usually you would think about 280-300 should be good enough. I suppose it depends on how the pitch plays in recent times on the 4th & 5th day the Lords pitch has become easier play because they it really deadens out.
Like you say, it's hard to judge. We could already have plenty if the pitch continues to play as it has from the second day on, but if it flattens out 300 might not be nearly enough.

Think it's safe to say we won't be seeing a declaration any time soon tho.