• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

chalky

International Debutant
Only effective when conditions suit, from what I've seen. Accurate enough when the ball isn't swinging, but not very penetrative.
The same used to be said of Hoggard of course. Hopefully like Hoggard Sidebottom can turn himself into an effective bowler when conditions don't suit.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Only effective when conditions suit, from what I've seen. Accurate enough when the ball isn't swinging, but not very penetrative.
Nah, I'm not buying that. I hear it time and time about Sidebottom not being very "penetrative" when the ball's not swinging but I've not seen my evidence tbh. He's someone who I think could bowl very well in most conditions as he has such good accuracy.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea, no chance of him dropping it because he'd doesn't go for it unless it's landing in his lap.

God our wicket-keeping batsman options are crap.
WTF it was a reasonably tough chance ffs. Everyone's making it out as though he's dropped an absolute clanger. It was a tough chance.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea, no chance of him dropping it because he'd doesn't go for it unless it's landing in his lap.

God our wicket-keeping batsman options are crap.
If you're talking about Prior, then it was one drop. He's having a poor game so far, it happens to everyone.

Perm

Nah, I'm not buying that. I hear it time and time about Sidebottom not being very "penetrative" when the ball's not swinging but I've not seen my evidence tbh. He's someone who I think could bowl very well in most conditions as he has such good accuracy.
Second innings of the Old Trafford Test vs West Indies, he went at an RPO of less than 2but didn't pick up a wicket in 27 overs and looked fairly toothless. He does have good accuracy and that is what allows him to be a good bowler when the conditions don't suit his natural style, but it doesn't make him any less ineffective.

Scaly piscine

WTF it was a reasonably tough chance ffs. Everyone's making it out as though he's dropped an absolute clanger. It was a tough chance.
It's more than the drops, he's just so immobile - his wicket-keeping has already cost England with the number of balls he doesn't reach or gets a finger-tip to.