• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Um, there is a slight difference between Sreesanth-fast and Brett Lee-fast.
There's a difference between spraying the ball all around and bombarding the bloke in the middle with it, forcefully. Sreesanth's far from medium-pace and can bowl in that style for good effect, as we've seen of him in the past.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The faster you bowl crap, the faster the ball goes to the boundary. Srinath used to bowl pretty fast but he wasn't very effective abroad till he got his length right. We haven't had many fast bowlers in out attack traditionally. You have to go down 75 years to find the Amar Singhs, Md. Nissars. Just getting a fast bowler who is crap for the sake of it will not do any good. That said, I am sure we have better bowlers than Ishant Sharma is at the age of 18 to select for a tour abroad!
By fast I obviously meant a good decent fast bowler like Akhtar, Malinga, Lee who can atleast, like Manee said, unsettle the batsmen.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Man this is Vaughan and Strauss that are doing this to us. Imagine... Peitersen, Collingwood, Bell are yet to come. :blink:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
By fast I obviously meant a good decent fast bowler like Akhtar, Malinga, Lee who can atleast, like Manee said, unsettle the batsmen.
Can't get cheese burgers in an uddipee restaurant, at least that is how it has been in most parts of our cricket history.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But that doesn't happen as often as you'd think. Lee is known for being crap a lot, and then when he gets it right (ie accuracy), he becomes almost unplayable. Pace by itself means nothing at this level, even Brett Lee pace.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There's a difference between spraying the ball all around and bombarding the bloke in the middle with it, forcefully. Sreesanth's far from medium-pace and can bowl in that style for good effect, as we've seen of him in the past.
He is already bowling in the mid eighties, and he can barely keep that under control. If he bowls maximum, which I assume is 4-5 mph higher, what makes you think it will be any more useful?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I stand by that I think it might be 1-1. It is not as if we have been shown any thing we didn't know in the first two sessions. The only thing which has been really unexpected for me has been the fielding effort we have shown.

Stapel

International Regular
Man this is Vaughan and Strauss that are doing this to us. Imagine... Peitersen, Collingwood, Bell are yet to come. :blink:
This might sound cynical, but with the way India is currently bowling, we have to wait a long long time before those three come in to bat.

We all knew that both and England (must be said: due to injuries) and India don't have the best attacks. But what India is showing now is even disappointing, knowing it wouldn't be much good.

Only one wicket at tea. Howmany times does that happen at Lord's, on a first day without any rain delays?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How many times have test series gone 0-0 in recent times? The nature of cricket today means that it is very unlikely despite dire attacks. Do think this match will be a draw though as I said before the game.